Medical Assistant – COVID Team
The Medical Assistant performs various duties as a member of the Health Center and COVID Testing team. Responsibilities include but not limited to supporting the Medical Care and COVID team at health centers and during COVID Popup Testing Events. The position reports to the Medical Provider, Coordinator, and Manager.
- Greets and checks in patients and assists them in accessing services in a timely manner
- Swab and collect COVID-19 samples to be tested
- Complete visit appropriate vital signs, history and medication list and documents properly in-patient chart.
- Process laboratory specimens for area reference laboratories, accurately complete and process lab requisitions and maintains laboratory log.
- Perform daily set up, stocking, labeling, cleaning of all clinical areas and equipment (including the washing and sterilization of instruments) and documents accordingly.
- Retrieve laboratory and other test results and submit for review by provider.
- Provide patient education, including providing instructions for laboratory, radiology and other medical testing/procedures.
- Act as receptionist when needed, answer phones, scheduling, respond to correspondence.
- Fully and professionally respond to and implement directives and advice offered by all supervisory and training personnel, as well as professionally offered feedback from coworkers.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Certification as Medical Assistant
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience and/or training.
- Ability to travel to various sites as needed to perform the job
- Knowledge of anatomy and limited physiology/disease process.
- Knowledge of laboratory and other procedures performed in an outpatient setting.
- Excellent emotional coping skills, adequate to confront difficult emotional situations and emotional responses of others.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed the Customer Service Standards of Family Centers Inc.
- Bilingual, especially Spanish/English, and/or bicultural strongly preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technology and to willingness to develop and adapt to the evolving technological requirements of modern medical health center practices required.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to bend without restrictions
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must have excellent hand/eye coordination
How to Apply