Reporting to the respective Medical Director or designee (e.g. Department Nurse Manager), the Medical Assistant acts as an advocate for patients seeking and receiving care in the Center and interprets the needs and concerns of the patients for other staff members. The Medical Assistant will directly assist the clinical provider during clinical sessions and prepare patients for exams according to specific guidelines. The Medical Assistant may float to other departments or sites as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for preparing patients and rooms for a visit.
- Ensures the necessary equipment and information are available for the visit.
- Reviews patient medical records prior to patient visits to obtain relevant information for provider.
- Rooms patients and obtains basic information such as chief complaint, review of systems, and screening questions as appropriate.
- Accurately and legibly documents vital signs, including blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temperatures, and O2 saturations.
- Performs EKG’s, hearing and vision tests, Urine Dipsticks, finger stick glucose measurements, Urine Pregnancy Tests and other CLIA waived tests when necessary.
- Manages patient records using electronic health record, and completes appropriate patient charting.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- High School Diploma/GED required. Graduated from a medical assistant program or from a CNA program (provide a valid CNA certificate from an accredited school for Nursing Assistants; Certificate from an accredited school for Medical Assistants); current CPR certification from the American Heart Association are required. Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.
- One (1) year experience as a Medical Assistant is required. Previous medical office experience as a medical/nursing assistant (e.g. rooming patients for office visits) is strongly preferred.
- All skills of a Medical Assistant must be met.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on excellent customer service when dealing with both medical staff and patients.
- Computer skills are required with the ability to learn Centricity EMR and Outlook.
- Ability to float to other departments or sites and perform all aspects of patient care.
- Ability to prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight and temperature; verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
CS-HHC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.