Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Fair Haven Community Health Care
FHCHC is a forward-thinking, dynamic, and exciting community health center that provides care for multiple generations at nearly 130,000 office visits in 17 locations. Overseen by a Board of Directors, the majority of whom are patients themselves, we are proud to offer a wide range of primary and specialty care services, as well as evidence-based patient programs to educate patients in healthy lifestyle choices. As we grow and are able to bring high-quality health care to more areas that need access, we continue to put our patients first in everything we do. The mission of FHCHC is “To improve the health and social well-being of the communities we serve through equitable, high quality, patient-centered care that is culturally responsive.”
For over 50 years, we have been a health care leader in our community focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Fair Haven is proud to have a diverse and motivated team of professionals who are constantly seeking ways to enhance and improve the health and well-being of all patients. We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality medical and dental care, regardless of ability to pay.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is a vital member of the Marketing team, actively involved in all levels of the health center’s marketing and communications activities, including brand and program awareness, patient health education and communications activities. This position offers a great opportunity to learn about public health while learning and honing skills in marketing and communications
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator provides day-to-day support for all aspects of Fair Haven Community Health Care operations. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support the FHCHC mission and serve as an FHCHC ambassador, both internally and at community events
- Oversee the maintenance of FHCHC’s website, including new content development
- Provide research and creation assistance of newsletters, marketing materials/programs, social media, and public relations materials/press releases, etc.
- Develop content for and maintain social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Research, design and create patient education and program materials, branded merchandise
- Coordinate and execute internal marketing and communication requests
- Create or track metrics for measuring marketing efforts
- Coordinate / liaise with the Development and Events Coordinator on FHCHC events and programs for staff, patients, supporters and community
- Support FHCHC advocacy efforts, internal and external (e.g., voter engagement, food pantry, state and Congressional funding initiatives, etc.)
- Track and maintain budget and financial approvals for related marketing & communications efforts
- Attend and actively participate in interdisciplinary team meetings as a representative of the Marketing and Communications team
- Represent FHCHC at community outreach events and meetings, as required.
- Act in professional and culturally competent manner with FHCHC staff, patients and community partners
- Perform such other Marketing/Communications duties consistent with the responsibilities of this position, as directed by supervisor or CEO
- Work occasional weekends or evening hours as needed
- The candidate should have excellent editing and writing skills, project management skills, is detail-oriented and creative, and able to multi-task without losing sight of the goals. The ideal candidate has a basic understanding of digital and social media, and can write and edit for multiple marketing channels.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with specialization in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design or Public Health preferred, or a minimum 2 years of equivalent work experience in a marketing, advertising, public relations, communications or fundraising role. Health care experience and/or a strong interest in community health/ health equity is preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is also required. Experience with CANVA, InDesign, WordPress, and Constant Contact preferred. Graphic design skills are a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated experience in using various social media platforms to create effective and engaging communication (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and the ability to set plans and goals with others and to independently carry out assigned projects and tasks that fulfill plans and meet goals is essential. Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals both inside and outside of the organization. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and as part of a team, have a commitment to serve all patients regardless of demographics, be highly organized with an attention to detail, the ability to work in a high energy, fast-paced environment and possess excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and excellent computer skills.
- A valid driver’s license, and access to reliable transportation is a must.
Direction of Others
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status