StayWell Health Center, a federally qualified community health center, seeks a full-time CT Licensed Acupuncturist:
Some of the responsibilities of the CT Licensed Acupuncturist include:
- Diagnose and treat musculoskeletal conditions of spinal column and extremities to prevent disease and correct abnormalities of the body.
- Examine patient to determine nature and extend of disorder.
- Perform diagnostic procedures including physical, neurologic and orthopedic examinations, laboratory tests other procedures.
- Manipulate spinal column and other extremities to adjust, align or correct abnormalities caused by neurologic and kinetic articular dysfunction.
- Utilize supplementary measures such as exercise, rest, water, light, heat and nutritional therapy.
- Safeguard patient confidentiality and follows aseptic needle technique.
- Travel to StayWell sites in Waterbury and Naugatuck is required.
- Bilingual skills a plus (English / Spanish, English / Albanian)
License and Certification:
- Certified Acupuncturist credentialed from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) required.
- Licensed Acupuncturist credentialed from the CT Department of Public Health required.
- Master’s Degree in Acupuncture required.
- Three (3) years performing acupuncture required, five (5) years preferred.
- Prior community health experience preferred.
- Competitive salary
- No-cost medical coverage
- No-cost life insurance
- 10 paid holidays annually
- 20 PTO days annually
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Optional supplemental coverage (short- and long- term disability)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year
How to Apply