Lead Registered Nurse
UCFS is currently seeking a full-time (40hrs) Lead Registered Nurse for our Norwich Health Center who will coordinate patient care services for the identified primary care program (Pediatrics, Adult Medicine, Women’s Health Services or Behavioral Health) with the expectation to perform essential duties and responsibilities for all services when coverage is needed; Provide the delivery of proactive patient centered care including assessment, patient education and self management support particularly for patients with chronic care conditions and/or in need of integrated care services.
- Directly supervises Medical Assistants and/or LPN’s
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides customer service, patient-centered care through telephone and face-to-face communications to assess changes in condition using established protocols and medical consultation about action plans as needed; Responds to calls from patients, pharmacies, homecare agencies and family members; collaborates with community agencies and members of the interdisciplinary team, office staff and other nurses.
- Assists provider with physical exams, processing labs, and other clinical needs. Completes required screenings, and laboratory testing; assures screenings are up to date. Administers treatments/immunizations/medications to clients as ordered.
- Provides client services consistent with nursing scope of practice; Educates client/parent and provides detailed education for patient with specific chronic illness, including the pathology, signs and symptoms, complications and medications used in treatment; arranges group visits based on patient needs; assists with prescription needs/refills/samples/pharmacy assistance and prior authorizations; acts as an advocate to pursue financial assistance; initiates referrals to community based organizations and other disciplines as needed; participates in efforts to provide integrated care.
- Supervises staff of LPN(s) and/or Medical Assistant(s) within assigned UCFS program assuring a quality clinical team; conducts hiring, orientation, training, coaching/counseling, discipline, performance management and appraisal; time and attendance; and related routine personnel operations; actively solicits and incorporates input from providers and Medical Practice Manager into staff evaluations.
- Assists in the delivery of quality care through implementing, monitoring and evaluating clinical processes to meet clinical outcomes, preventing/addressing patient complaints and incidents, proactively reviewing clinical schedules and implementing continuity of care functions.
- Demonstrates nursing leadership by performing quality work within deadlines, sharing best practice with co-workers and UCFS teams, bringing issues to appropriate manager(s) in a timely manner for resolution and leading by example to support a positive participative work environment, encouraging other staff to do the same. Cross-covers Pediatrics, Adult Medicine, Women’s Health Services and Behavioral Health Services.
- Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Connecticut
- Associate’s degree
- Minimum 3 years experience in outpatient or primary care nursing. Previous supervisory experience highly preferred.
- CPR certified