We offer paid relocation and sign-on incentive bonus!!
StayWell’s primary focus is on “Quality Patient Care” only!
Our docs average 19 patient visits/day. And, we provide support to MD’s with J-1 visa all the way to a Green Card. We offer the opportunity to apply for Federal loan forgiveness!
StayWell Health Center (SHC) is a Federally Qualified Health Center that has been operating in Waterbury since 1972. It opened as part of the Model Cities Program, a federal effort to bring health services to the Medically Undeserved Areas of the city. Originally operated by the City of Waterbury, Department of Health, StayWell Health Center became a non-profit tax-exempt corporation in 1994. Since then, it has seen steady growth in its client base and its role as a healthcare provider within the community. In September 2000, it was designated as a 330 funded Federally Qualified Health Center. This year we expect to provide almost 90,000 patient visits.
Our providers stay with us and enjoy a fabulous quality of life work experience. I invite you to check us out.
If you are considering working for a FQHC, check us out we ARE one of the very best!
Under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment and decision-making, the Physician has responsibility for clinical service provision to clients within the Medical Department.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities for medical duties as they relate to the Medical Department including:
- Clinical oversight of diagnostic procedures and treatment plans
- Participation in diagnostic evaluations and treatment review meetings
- Evaluations, including the prescription and monitoring of medications when indicated
- Decisions related to the selection of patients appropriate for services
- Certification of services for third party reimbursement and those requirements identified by managed care organizations including but not limited to documentation requirements, telephonic treatment reviews, and communication with referrals, treatment appeals and review of results of lab testing or other medical consultations ordered.
- Participation in internal and external quality management initiatives and reviews.
- Referral for laboratory testing, medical treatment or inpatient hospitalizations
- Documentation in and maintenance of medical records
- Review of discharge summaries
- Provision of emergency coverage and/or making provisions available during periods of absence
- Participates in community based initiatives and collaborative
- Reviews and completes documentation requirements for third party reimbursement
The work is primarily sedentary with some walking, standing and carrying some light items such as manuals, books and medical records charts. The work places no special physical demands on the employee
The Physician works in an office setting that is adequately heated, lighted and ventilated. The work environment involves the normal risks and discomforts typical of a community health center. The Physician may be exposed to patients who exhibit poor impulse control and angry temper outbursts.
Job Specification and Qualifications
- A graduate of an accredited school of medicine
- Medical licensure in the State of Connecticut . BLS certified
- Successful completion of an approved medical training program
- Certified or eligible for certification in Internal Medicine.
- Current controlled substances registration certificate (DEA-Federal)
Experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Previous work in community health center or hospital out-patient department
- Current participation in Managed Care providers networks
- Familiarity with managed care procedures
- Previous experience in the treatment of medicaid eligible recipients and/or inner city multicultural populations
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English desirable or ability to use the language line as needed
- Strong verbal, writing and interpersonal skills
- Some computer skills
- Good Diagnostic skills
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team setting.
- Familiarity in the administration and prescription of medications for adults and geriatrics.
- Good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to adapt to scheduling changes.
- Able to provide clinical supervisory directives.
- Responsive to and able to assist patients who present with multiple problems.
- Sensitivity to cultural issues and differences.
- Staff member is required to have a cell phone available for job functions
- Participate in meaningful use of medical records and also knowledge of patient centered care
How to Apply
StayWell Health Center