The Medical Case Manager assists all patients through the system by acting as a patient advocate and navigator. The Medical Case Manager represents the program in the community and in clinical settings.
- Meets with patient to determine eligibility of program
- Educates patients on HIV prevention, and the use of PrEP
- Maintains list of all eligible participants along with required documents collected
- Links patients to care surrounding all HIV related needs (internally and externally)
- Compiles and submits program related reporting
- Arranges future appointments with internal and external providers
- Ensures all appropriate paper work and laboratory testing is received by referral provider
- Ensures adequate transportation is arranged for referral appointments
- Determines patient’s needs to meet the follow-up plan if appointments are not kept.
- Contacts referral provider to obtain records of office visits, labs etc.
- Conducts outreach within the community on behalf of the program
- Determines if further follow-up care is required and coordinates with patient and referral partner for next steps.
- Performs related duties as required
- Responsible for data collection and reporting in connection to project
A demonstrated desire to work with uninsured/underinsured patients
- HIV/AIDS case management and outreach experience
- Training and experience responding to emergencies
- Care coordination experience
- Communication proficiency (verbal & written)
- Managing multiple competing priorities
- Technology & computer literacy (Microsoft Word, keyboarding)
- Professional integrity and honesty
A Bachelor’s degree in a health care field and two (2) years of experience conducting outreach or HIV testing in the community. Extensive community health experience may be substituted for the degree requirements noted above
How to Apply