Community Health Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced full-time Nurse Practitioner experienced in Infectious Disease to provide care in our Adult Medicine clinic and as part of our Ryan White program. The Infectious Disease Physician provides comprehensive primary care and care related to infectious disease in collaboration with and as part of a care team. The incumbent will provide both routine primary care and infectious disease care.
The successful candidate in this position must:
- Possess valid State of Connecticut APRN licensure and have or be eligible to obtain DEA and state narcotic registration
- Demonstrate clinical competence related to the diagnosis and treatment of HIV-infected, HCV-infected patients and patients with other infectious diseases.
- Be willing to provide appropriate consultation to other health care providers, as necessary.
- Be able to work collaboratively with the Ryan White team, which includes Medical Case Managers, Nurses, and Patient Navigators, in coordinating and co-managing.
- Evaluate patients for the use of PrEP to prevent the acquisition of HIV according to current guidelines.
- Evaluate, diagnose and provide treatment to patients with chronic hepatitis, especially HCV-infected patients and manage according to current guidelines.
- Have a strong desire, with the assistance of the Hepatitis C navigator, to develop outreach interventions that identify, reach out to, and retain in care the Hepatitis C population.
- Evaluate, diagnose and provide treatment to patients for routine primary care medical problems and maintain a primary care patient panel.
- Have demonstrated ability to maintain timely, thorough and accurate written clinical documentation
- Be willing and able to provide culturally competent care to a diverse patient population with complex needs in a collaborative environment.
- Have a track record of proven success communicating effectively with patients, peers, and other stakeholders both orally and in writing.
- Be able to make evidence-based clinical decisions and comply with department and organizational quality measures
- Be comfortable using electronic health record and other computer systems
- Possess a resourceful, problem-solving attitude and an appropriate level of accountability
- Be willing to perform other duties as assigned
Candidates with 3+ years’ experience working with medically complex patient populations are strongly preferred. Candidates who are bilingual in Spanish and English are preferred.
How to Apply
Community Health Services