HIV AIDS Medical Case Manager
|POSITION TITLE||REPORTS TO|
|HIV / AIDS Medical Case Manager||Ryan White Medical Case Management – Supervisor|
|Medical – Enabling Services||Hourly, Non-Exempt|
|SITES AFFECTED||Last Reviewed: 02/18/2022|
|All StayWell Health Center Sites||By: Kathyleen Pitner, Director, Health & Wellness|
To facilitate and ensure that patients receive the most appropriate level and type of clinical care needed under the Ryan White program standards of care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide all new HIV clients who accept case management with a comprehensive assessment of basic physical, medical and psychosocial needs and access to HIV ancillary services.
- Evaluate and document assigned patients for program eligibility according to program criteria.
- Develop a patient-centered care plan every 6 months and/or as major changes occur and complete associated referrals. Areas to be addressed may include, but are not limited to, housing, food, transportation, mental health, substance abuse, and pain management.
- Maintain a complete patient medical case management record that includes intake information, care plan and case management service notes. Required information to be entered in the CareWare within 5 business days.
- Contribute to the overall preparation and submission of quarterly reports and annual site visit.
- Support patients with scheduling lab work, tests and arranging consultations ordered by the medical staff as needed.
- Assist clients with accessing needed pharmaceutical coverage, such as applying for CADAP. Navigating spend down coverage or applying for insurance coverage to ensure continuity of medical care. Help complete CIPA application for eligible clients to ensure coverage of insurance premiums.
- Participate actively in QI projects to improve HIV care delivery and retention in care.
- Attend quarterly Region 2 case manager meetings. Attend Greater Waterbury HIV/AIDS Continuum and Consortium Meetings. Participate in regional HIV community events.
- Attend any training necessary to maintain records in CareWare System designed for Ryan White services and to enhance skills for serving this special population.
- Performs other duties as assigned
|· Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Social Work from an accredited program; OR|
|· Associate’s degree (preferred) in Social Work from an accredit program; OR|
|· High School diploma or equivalent and one (1) Year of paid experience in direct service to HIV target population|
|· Work requires traveling to various community sites and agencies|
|· StayWell Health Center will check the motor vehicle records annually for all current employees and all job applicants with driving responsibilities or those who use rental cars for business travel purposes.|
|· Unrestricted, valid Connecticut driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and current motor vehicle insurance according to legal specifications required|
|· In lieu of Connecticut driver’s license, reliable transportation required including the capability to travel between sites and/or attend offsite training, as necessary|
|· Basic Annual Safety Training|
- Employee is required to be free and clear of signs and symptoms or evidence of communicable diseases that could be expected to be transmitted during the course of normal scheduled work activity at medical, dental, and behavioral health center
- Receipt of completed Employee Health Certification required biannually including specific immunizations and appropriate frequency as determined by Regulatory Agencies confirming employee has been found to be in adequate mental and physical health and capable of performing the position title
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a social service environment
- May require some evening / weekend hours
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and be solution-oriented
- Knowledge and skill working with diverse populations
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish strongly preferred
- Display a positive, outgoing and flexible professional demeanor and be resourceful, non-judgmental and tactful
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from community
- Demonstrate good organizational skills
- Ability to write reports, correspondence and maintain accurate records
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Moderate physical activity. Requires standing and/or walking throughout the day; may necessitate handling of average weight objects up to 25 pounds
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, multi-line telephone, copier, fax server, document scanner, and other such office equipment as necessary
- Requires ability to work in a stressful office environment where interaction with others is constant and interruptive
- May be exposed to patients who have low impulse control, and angry temper outbursts requiring safety precautions and measures
- Work is normally performed in a typical/office work environment; some exposure to outside elements at outdoor events
- The work environment involves the normal risks and discomforts typical of a community health center
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.50 – $23.00 per hour