Reporting to the Director of Health Information Management oversees and manages the day to day operations of health information staff and services. Participates in the planning and implementation of Departmental initiatives. Provides leadership, direction, and guidance in health information management department. Oversees department projects, prepares progress and quality assurance reports, and performs monthly chart review.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and schedules assigned staff and assigns tasks and projects. Counsels, trains, and coaches assigned staff.
- Implements corrective actions, conducts performance evaluations, and resolves employee concerns.
- Processes departmental payroll
- Performs purchasing activities for the department and reconciles invoices for services and purchases
- May Provides administrator services for SRS & Centricity: table maintenance, access permissions, digital signatures, identification and resolution of difficulties with the system
- Identifies, evaluates and resolves work flow issues
- Prepares progress and quality assurance reports
- Prioritizes activities to meet time lines and other Departmental goals
- Utilizes CS-Hill Health Center’s software in performance of duties including, but not limited to SRS, Centricity and other proprietary software
- Performs related routine tasks which contribute to the general efficiency of the HIM department
- Keeps current with developments within the HIM profession
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: Two (2) years of health information management supervisory experience;
Knowledge/Abilities: Knowledge of health information systems. Knowledge of applicable organizational, local, state and federal statutes, rules, regulations, and operational guidelines and directives. Knowledge of privacy laws and regulations. Skill in effectively managing and leading staff, and delegating tasks and authority. Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands. Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other departments and sites. Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications. Able to concentrate on routine tasks for long periods of times. Able to change from one task to another readily. Individual must be able to understand and relate to theories behind several related concepts and remember multiple tasks given over long periods of time.
How to Apply
Cornell Scott – Hill Health Center