Health & Outreach Educator
FCHC Health & Outreach Educator
Greenwich and Stamford, CT, US
Family Centers Healthcare seeks an energetic and compassionate individual with presentation, medical/mental health and education, and outreach experience to join the team at Family Centers, a non-profit organization offering integrated health care, education and human services to children, adults, and families living in Lower Fairfield County. The health centers provide medical, dental and mental health services to those living in Greenwich Public Housing communities and the surrounding neighborhoods
As a member of the health care team, the Health & Outreach Educator is actively promoting mental health, substance prevention, and access to Family Centers’ services in addressing the community’s health and social needs. The Health & Outreach Educator is an active participant in regional coalitions, collaborates with community partners, and engages in regional efforts that support best practices and evidence-based strategies throughout the community to tackle health and social disparities. In addition, the Health & Outreach Educator plans monthly marketing and outreach events activities that promote access to care in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, implements and evaluates health education & outreach programs for patients and their family members, other Family Center clients, and staff as appropriate.
- Assists and leads in enrollment and outreach events for Family Centers Health Care and School Based Health Centers
- Develops curriculum and health education opportunities and presentations for School Based Health Centers
- Collects data and assesses community needs for specific health information and provide health education programs to address those topics.
- Works with coalition partners to implement evidence-based strategies to reduce the misuse of prescription drug and use of illicit opioids.
- Connects with health centers providers and staff from different programs at Family Centers to create health education programs and resources that address needs of their patients/students and their families/clients.
- Connects with community organizations who serve Family Centers Health Care’s target population and collaborates on programs and/or offers programs that promote the services of Family Centers Health Care and School Based Programs.
- Initiates outreach events based on national calendar of health awareness observances and works with the Family Centers Marketing team to develop monthly thematic health education flyers/social media messages in English and Spanish. Flyers should be posted in the health center’s exam rooms and waiting room, and social media posts should target the health center’s patient population among other community members.
- Orders health education materials (brochures, posters, etc to be placed in the health center’s display cases in the waiting room and its public bathroom.
- Is an active participant on the Greenwich Together Substance Use Prevention Coalition and on the Greenwich Community Health Improvement Partnership and on a committee with each.
- Submits weekly activity reports to the health center manager.
- Demonstrates professional, courteous, and respectful attitude during interactions with patients and guests of the health center.
- Completes other duties as necessary and assigned.
- BS or MS degree in Public Health, Health Education or related field
- At least three years of related experience in the field of prevention, substance use disorder treatment, health-related training, and/or working with high risk populations and familiarity with public health.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating cross discipline collaborations regarding policy development and implementation of prevention strategies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from many different sectors of the community, e.g., youth, parents, town officials, school administrators, service providers, etc.
- Demonstrate cultural competency to work with different cultures, ethnicities, races, etc.
- Bachelors or equivalent required
- Bi-lingual Spanish required
- Demonstrated computer skills including typing
- Excellent Presentation skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and to deal calmly with individuals under stress
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and as a team
- Research and Marketing experience
- Interpersonal and networking skills
- Event Planning Experience
For more information and to apply, please visit our website: www.familycenters.org Opens a New Window.
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering education, health and human services to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 200 professionals and 2,500 volunteers collaborate to provide our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative services.
Family Centers is an EOE and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package.
How to Apply