Health Information Technician Lead
StayWell Health Center is seeking a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT®) to ensure the quality of medical/health records by verifying their completeness, accuracy, and proper entry into computer systems.
Some of the responsibilities of this position include:
- Use computer applications to assemble and analyze patient data for the purpose of improving patient care or controlling costs.
- Obtain, organize, compile, and provide healthcare records to medical personnel without regard to clinical department, patient gender, or age.
- Answer telephones efficiently and timely. Address all voicemail messages in a timely manner.
- Address patient concerns facilitating timely and appropriate resolution of problems.
- Respond to requests for records for all departments and processed appropriately.
- Scan/Fax required paperwork for Medical, Behavioral Health, Dental and tasking appropriately.
- Categorize medical data appropriately.
- Match labs – checking hard copy and tasking when no match found.
- Assist patients in completing forms as necessary.
- Assist with the exchange of information between the Stay Health Center and other health service agencies.
- Monitor and audit chart accuracy.
- Conduct chart recovery.
- Monitor and correct chart duplications.
- Request and obtain hospital report as necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service / patient services.
- Maintain a professional demeanor with managing difficult customer/patient situation.
- Knowledgeable of HIPAA regulations and other legal requirements.
- Knowledgeable of Medical, Dental, and Behavioral Health terminology.
- Maintain legal aspects of health documentation.
- Maintain accurate and detailed record of medical record requests.
- Verify and process all incoming and outgoing medical record requests.
- Verify all medical record requests are HIPAA compliant before dissemination.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Director.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT®) Certification
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Associate’s degree will be considered
- Proven work experience as a Registered Health Information Technician.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows environment, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet
- Must exhibit outstanding attention to detail
- Proven problem solving, ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple priorities
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work in a changing, fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Exceptional level of organization, analyzation, and prioritization skills
- Competitive salary
- 100% Premium Free core medical coverage; UnitedHealthcare
- 100% Premium Free $25,000 life insurance
- 10 paid holidays annually
- 20 PTO days annually
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Optional supplemental coverage (short- and long- term disability)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 – $25.25 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to wear masks and appropriate PPE.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waterbury, CT 06702: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Associate (Required)
- Health Information Technology: 2 years (Preferred)
- , write, and read Spanish fluently (Preferred)
- Registered Health Information Technician Certification (Required)
Work Location: In person
How to Apply