Grant Development Specialist
The Grant Development Specialist will lead the grant opportunity research, funder relationship building, proposal writing and submission.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Research available grants and eligibility requirements
· Secure opportunities for application
· Community data research
· Preparation and submission of grant applications, including completion of attachments
· Track active contracts and funder requirements
· Work as a liaison with program/operations staff for assigned grants
· Maintain calendar of funder deadlines and grant report due dates
· Communicate information needed to all applicable parties
· Complete or ensure submission of reporting and cooperation with funders
· Interact with and coordinate with colleagues from other departments including MIS, Finance, and Clinical
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Documented success with grant writing; proven grant award record.
· Must be able to travel periodically to various locations within the region.
· Flexible, collaborative and problem-solving thinker.
Skills and Experience
· Thorough knowledge of the community or experienced in quick learning about a community and its resources.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with individuals and organizations.
· Maintain a team-centered cooperative work philosophy.
· Strong supporter of agency mission, programs and services offered.
· Ability to speak before groups effectively.
· Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally with the intended audience.
· Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
· Exceptional organizational skills and superb attention to detail required.
· Knowledge of healthcare field preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Grant Development Specialist works in an office setting that is adequately heated, lighted, cooled and ventilated. The work environment involves the normal risks and discomforts typical of a community health center.
· Work is primarily sedentary with some walking and standing.
· Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 40 words per minute, operate a telephone, copier, eFax, and other such office equipment as necessary
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $63,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waterbury, CT 06708: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- successful grant award: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
How to Apply