Psychiatrist / Behavioral Health Medical Director (Outpatient)
Are you interested in a clinical psychiatrist position seeing patients in an outpatient community health center setting (adult, or adult & child/adolescent?
Or, are you interested in a dual clinical and leadership/supervisory psychiatrist opportunity (adult & child/adolescent)?
Either way – let’s connect to discuss opportunities with the Behavioral Health team at Generations Family Health Center!
Generations Family Health Center, Inc. is a regional community health center covering a thirty-seven town rural region in eastern Connecticut with sites located in Willimantic, Danielson, Norwich and Putnam. Our dedicated staff provides a full range of primary care services to all ages including medical, dental and behavioral health care, as well as care coordination and community outreach. In addition to our main facilities, we offer mobile programs and School Based Health Centers.
Locations: Willimantic & Putnam, CT
The Psychiatrist/Behavioral Health Medical Director is responsible for providing coordinated psychiatric services to patients utilizing the clinical services of Generations Family Health Center. Clinical services provided shall include routine and crisis adult and pediatric care as assigned. The scope of practice includes evaluation, diagnosis, medication assessments and adjustment, patient education, and treatment planning.
The Behavioral Health Medical Director will be knowledgeable about agency and clinical policies, keep all patient information confidential, and shall assume responsibility for the development and realization of an individual ongoing care plan for all patients. As Medical Director for the BH Department, you are medically responsible for the delivery of health care for the Behavioral Health Dept., including direct oversight of the medication management providers. The Behavioral Health Medical Director works closely with the BH Leadership team to reach department and organizational goals.
Supportive, balanced work environment:
- LPN & MA dedicated to Behavioral Health
- Care Coordination support
- Minimal call (phone coverage only)
- 4 day/week scheduling option
- Enjoy all that northeastern CT has to offer – a rural area full of great places to explore hiking, biking, cycling, etc., along with great restaurants, nearby casinos, nearby universities (UConn, ECSU), and more – and convenient proximity to nearby cities: Hartford, Providence, Worcester, Boston, and the CT and RI shorelines!
Documented completion of a residency from an accredited institution in an appropriate specialty. CT Physician license, valid federal and state controlled substance licenses; Board Certification required or board eligible in adult and child psychiatry.
Generations is also proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- 5 weeks Paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- Malpractice insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- Loan repayment eligibility through NHSC
- Productivity incentive bonus
- CME courses and 4 days off per year
- Professional development & CME stipend ($2500)
- Relocation Assistance for applicable candidates
How to Apply
To apply, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR submit an application via:
Link: Job & Application Details
Generations Family Health Center