Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Float (PMHNP)
Generations Family Health Center, Inc. is a regional community health center covering a thirty-seven town rural region in eastern Connecticut with sites located in Willimantic, Danielson, Norwich and Putnam. Our dedicated staff provides a full range of primary care services to all ages including medical, dental and behavioral health care, as well as care coordination and community outreach. In addition to our main facilities, we offer mobile programs and School Based Health Centers.
LOCATIONS: Willimantic & Putnam, CT (Full-time; 40 hours/week)
QUALIFICATIONS: M.S. degree from an accredited school of nursing. Nationally recognized certification in area of practice. Board certification or Board eligibility desirable. Current licensure in State of Connecticut or ability to obtain licensure. Valid Federal and State Controlled Substance License. Experience with Substance Use Treatment is preferred but not a requirement. Bilingual candidate (Spanish/English) preferred based on patient population. New grads are welcome.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide coordinated psychiatric services to patients utilizing the clinical services of Generations Family Health Center. Clinical services provided shall include routine and crisis adult and pediatric care as assigned. The scope of practice includes evaluation, diagnosis, medication assessments and adjustment, patient education, and treatment planning. The APRN will be knowledgeable about agency and clinical policies, keep all patient information confidential, and shall assume responsibility for the development and realization of an individual ongoing care plan for all patients.
Generations is also proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance & Wellness Programs
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- 5 weeks Paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- Malpractice insurance
- Visa sponsorship (where applicable)
- Loan forgiveness eligibility through NHSC
- Productivity incentive bonus
- CME courses and 4 days off per year
- Professional development & CME stipends ($2500)
- Relocation Assistance for applicable candidates
Supportive, balanced work environment:
- LPN & MA dedicated to Behavioral Health
- Care Coordination support
- Enjoy all that northeastern CT has to offer – a rural area full of great places to explore hiking, biking, cycling, etc., along with great restaurants, nearby casinos, nearby universities (UConn, ECSU), and more – and convenient proximity to nearby cities: Hartford, Providence, Worcester, Boston, and the CT and RI shorelines!