Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN)
Are you a Registered Nurse looking to make a genuine difference for patients? Join our team at Generations Family Health Center! We are a non-profit regional Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that has served eastern Connecticut since 1984. Our healthcare professionals provide a full continuum of primary health care, oral health care, behavioral health care and case management services, primarily to a medically underserved population.
We are seeking a Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) to assist us in providing our patients with quality, compassionate healthcare. Ideally, you will have prior experience in an ambulatory primary care setting and teaching experience. We currently have openings working in our facilities in Norwich and Danielson, CT. If this sounds like the kind of career opportunity that you’ve been waiting for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
Connecticut Locations: Norwich & Danielson, CT
To assess and identify patient needs to ensure that safety and high-quality care is provided through nursing interventions, supervision of staff, education, patient advocacy and coordination of services. The Primary Care RN may also assist in the organization’s effort to provide COVID testing and vaccination at our office locations and in community settings. This individual will collaborate with our existing testing and vaccination teams to facilitate high quality, best practice COVID testing and vaccination according to company policy and procedure.
Your specific duties in this RN role include:
- Provide smooth and timely flow of patients, responding to high volume of patients in short-term time spans
- Provide clinical supervision of clinical support staff
- Perform triage activities for all appointed & walk-in patients and medical phone inquiries
- Develop and provide individualized and group counseling, guidance, and health instruction
- Provide nursing care during nursing visits based on provider orders
- Administer medications, injections, and vaccinations
- Carry out standing orders for medication refills, ordering tests, diagnostic imaging, labs
- Conduct newborn weight visits and lactation education.
- Collaborate in the coordination of chronic disease management
- Follow up INR visits, specialty visits, ED visits, hospital discharge
- Perform a range of nursing procedures, including dressing changes, suture removal, oxygen administration, and basic wound care.
- Teach patients and/or families proper home health care activities and provide health materials, resources and education
- Be able to assess patient condition, recognize adverse signs and symptoms, and react swiftly in emergency situations.
- Participate in the ongoing Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement initiatives.
- Participate in grant preparation/development/reporting, as well as policy development as appropriate
- Assist with ensuring quality and regulatory compliance
As a Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN), you must be highly detail-oriented with superior analytical skills as well as the ability to accurately nursing duties and to react quickly in emergency situations. You must also have a positive and empathetic personality with the ability to work effectively with others as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Specific qualifications for the RN role include:
- Current RN license in the State of CT
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) / Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), preferred
- Experience in an ambulatory primary care setting, preferred
- Teaching experience, desirable
As a Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) with Generations Family Health Center, you will be part of a growing and dynamic not-for-profit organization committed to a diverse and ever-changing work environment that rewards honesty, loyalty, commitment, and integrity. We are committed to continuously providing the highest level of quality services and standards for our patients as well as our employees. We offer the opportunity to work in a professional and pleasant environment that is conducive to both personal and professional growth and development.
Generations is also proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Primarily day-time schedule, some evenings (8 hour shifts, Monday-Friday) / one Saturday per month (4 hour shift, stipend)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Short Term Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- 5 weeks paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- Malpractice insurance provided
- CME days & CME/CEU and CPE stipends
How to Apply
Please apply via the Generations website: Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) (paycomonline.net)
Generations Family Health Center