Infectious Disease and HIV Program Manager
Generations Family Health Center, Inc. is a regional community health center covering a thirty seven town rural region in eastern Connecticut with sites located in Willimantic, Danielson, Norwich and Putnam. Our dedicated staff provides a full range of primary care services to all ages including medical, dental and behavioral health care, as well as care coordination and community outreach. In addition to our main facilities, we offer mobile programs and School Based Health Centers.
We are seeking an Infectious Disease & HIV Program Manager to assist us in providing our patients with quality, compassionate healthcare. Ideally, you will have prior supervisory experience in an ambulatory primary care setting. We currently have an opening working in our facilities in Willimantic and Norwich, CT. If this sounds like the kind of career opportunity that you’ve been waiting for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!.
Ryan White: The Infectious Disease Manager is responsible for oversight of all operations within the Ryan White (RW) HIV Programs, including the supervision of staff. This position is responsible for ensuring the health center’s adherence to regulatory, funding source, agency requirements and guidelines for the grant. The manager is also responsible for oversight of the development and implementation of all new RW services and service delivery locations. The implementation and development of clinical and administrative policies and procedures. Maintains oversight of administrative functions in the RW Programs, including data collection, reporting, use of available funds, staffing, and grant activities, working closely with the Infectious Disease physician and the Director of Nursing. The manager participates in strategic and operational planning, as a key member of the management team.
Infectious Disease: Develops and implements infection control policies designed to reduce or eliminate outbreaks at Generations with the support of the Director of Nursing and the Infection Control Officer. Develops and implements agency wide infection and prevention measure to protect patients and staff. Complies with state, federal and Joint Commission (JC) standards relating to infection control.
- Ensure appropriate HIV primary and infectious disease services are available and accessible at the health center, through coordination with clinicians at Generations Family Health Center (GFHC).
- Define and regularly update the standard of care for patients with HIV at GFHC, according to recognized national and international guidelines. With RW team, develop and implement clinical tools, protocols and quality management plan to ensure compliance with standard of care.
- Provide and/or facilitate educational updates as needed to GFHC clinicians, to review current and/or future standards of care.
- Ensure the HIV clinical database (if separate from EHR) is effectively utilized and maintained to provide current and accurate patient data.
- Partner with mangers, providers, local, state, and national agencies on activities related to infection prevention.
- Oversees compliance with infection prevention procedures, epidemiology, industrial hygiene, and safety programs.
- Accountable for surveillance community acquired infections (such as COVID/Monkey Pox) and STI surveillance.
- Educate staff, volunteers and medical staff regarding infection trends, outbreaks and updates to infection control practices.
- Involved with antibiotic stewardship and education of clinical staff.
- Support and participate in the facility’s QI/PI practices.
- Maintain current knowledge of infection control regulations and comply with JC/DPH requirements
- Evaluate annual infection prevention goals and implement action plans based on the annual risk management assessment.
- Co-Chair the Infection Control Committee Director of Nursing.
- Oversee employee health programs such as COVID-19 and Influenza vaccine policies.
Qualifications: Current RN license in the State of CT, experience in the ambulatory setting and teaching experience desirable. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) / Basic Life Support (BLS). Three-year’s related experience as an RN in a healthcare setting managing direct care issues and programs.
Generations is proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Primarily day-time schedule, some evenings (8-hour shifts, Monday-Friday) / one Saturday per month (4-hour shift, stipend)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Short Term Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- 403(b) retirement saving plan
- 5 weeks paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- Malpractice insurance provided
- CME days & CME/CEU and CPE stipends
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letter for consideration by applying directly online: http://www.genhealth.org/rewarding-careers/opportunities
Or via mail
Generations Family Health Center, Inc.,
ATTN: Human Resources,
40 Mansfield Ave, Willimantic, CT 06226-1948
FAX: (860) 456-1293 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Job & Application Details
Generations Family Health Center