Director of Nursing
Generations Family Health Center, Inc. is a regional community health center covering a thirty seven town rural region in eastern Connecticut with sites located in Willimantic, Danielson, Norwich and Putnam. Our dedicated staff provides a full range of primary care services to all ages including medical, dental and behavioral health care, as well as care coordination and community outreach. In addition to our main facilities, we offer mobile programs and School Based Health Centers.
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the management of RNs and the assistance in oversite of the Ryan White Program at Generations Family Health Center. The position supports the RN Educator on the evaluation of all new and existing clinical staff members and actively participates in the interview process to hire clinical support staff. The position assists with provider/patient relations, advises the Chief Quality Officer of any work flow concerns and communicates training and developmental needs relating to the MAs, LPNs and RNs. Possesses the ability to establish and maintain collegial relationships with coworkers, including but not limited to providers, site managers and the management team. Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to the changing clinical and administrative environments often seen in the medical profession.
- Plan, organize, develop and direct all clinical workflows of the nursing services in accordance with federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern Generations Family Health Center, ensuring the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Supervises the RNs including but not limited to: interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, performance management, planning, response, and communications. Conducting nurse staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Oversees the RN Educator and the Infection Control and HIV Program Manager.
- Working with the RN Educator to ensure a comprehensive on boarding experience and training tools. Presenting continuing education topics through webinars, articles, and hands on teaching. Plan, implement and evaluate in-service and continuing education programs for MAs, LPNs and RNs at least annually.
- Working with the Infection Control and HIV Program Manager to ensure proper grant management and infectious disease risk stratification and management.
- Ensure compliance with clinical practices in accordance with facility’s established standards of care, policies and protocols.
- Assist in the formulation, revision, implementation, and evaluation of nursing policies and procedures, as well as strategic goals and objectives.
- Create optimal employee relations necessary to motivate, recruit and maintain staff retention levels
- Monitor and oversee clinical competency process for all clinical support staff (RNs, LPNs and MAs) annually and during the onboarding process
- In collaboration with the Chief Quality Officer and Chief Operating Officer, assists with ensuring quality and regulatory compliance within the organization.
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, and HIPAA.
- Participates in required orientation and training programs, as required.
- Reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance in accordance with Generations Family Health Center policies
- Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
Qualifications: Current RN license in the State of CT, experience in the ambulatory setting and teaching experience desirable. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Master’s Degree preferred. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) / Basic Life Support (BLS). Five-year’s related experience as an RN in a healthcare setting managing direct care issues and programs.
Generations is proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Primarily day-time schedule, some evenings (8-hour shifts, Monday-Friday) / one Saturday per month (4-hour shift, stipend)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Short Term Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- 403(b) retirement saving plan
- 5 weeks paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- Malpractice insurance provided
- CME days & CME/CEU and CPE stipends
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letter for consideration by applying directly online: http://www.genhealth.org/rewarding-careers/opportunities
Or via mail
Generations Family Health Center, Inc.,
ATTN: Human Resources,
40 Mansfield Ave, Willimantic, CT 06226-1948
FAX: (860) 456-1293 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Generations Family Health Center