Job Summary: The Director of Human Resources position is a key leadership role within Generations Family Health Center, Inc. responsible for all operations within the Human Resources department and including supervision of all HR employees. This position is responsible for ensuring the health center’s compliance with regulatory and agency requirements and guidelines. The Director is responsible for the development and implementation of all HR-related policies and procedures, and any training or education needed with GFHC employees to ensure adherence. This position oversees the essential functions of the HR department, including but no exclusive to: recruitment, hiring, orientation, payroll, benefits, employee relations, work-related injuries/illness, workman’s compensation, personnel record management, applicable tracking, contracts, personnel management software and training. As a member of the management team, this role collaborates with peers often and ensures the Human Resources department is accessible and engaging to all Generations employees.
- Benefits management and/or oversight including liaison to employee assistance program, health, dental, vision, 403b, COBRA, workers compensation, and other benefit programs
- Competency and performance review development, monitoring and process management
- Ensure company compliance with employment and employment related state and federal statutory and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate leaves of absence (all types) from a human resources and regulatory perspective
- Employee retention and development strategy
- In conjunction with senior management; compensation planning, participate in bonus, merit and/or cost of living criteria/planning, monitoring and management
- Disciplinary process development, support and management
- Guidance in position description development including competency criteria
- Hiring support and process management including screening, interviewing, salary negotiation, contracting, and orientation
- Human Resource policy and procedure management, development, maintenance, monitoring, and accessibility
- Maintenance of personnel files to meet regulatory standards
- Labor relations negotiation and mediation including contract negotiation and conflict resolution
- Member of senior staff
- Oversight of recognition award process
- Participate in strategic and operational planning related to human resources including transitional and succession planning
- Personnel and human resources surveys (including employee satisfaction), data management and reporting
- Risk management related to human resources
- Guide staff related to human resources matters
- Targeted education and team building interventions
- Termination support and process management including conducting exit interviews
- Other human resources related responsibilities as determined by the Executive Director
Qualifications: Bachelors of Science in human resources management or related field. Master’s degree preferred. SPHR certification preferred. At least 10 years’ experience working directly in the human resources field, preferably in a health care setting and with a non-profit organization. Knowledge of and demonstrated compliance with human resources related regulatory requirements and issues.
REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrated proficiency in working with all levels of management. Ability to coach and mentor managers and staff toward job performance excellence, a customer service driven direction, and organizational pride. Project management capabilities. Researching, analysis and reporting capabilities. Demonstrated leadership skills. Exemplary people skills. High quality and tactful verbal and written communication skills, including presentations. Strong negotiation skills. Outstanding and proven organizational skills. Must maintain complete confidentiality. Willingness to travel to all practice locations and other local sites as required. Ability to negotiate for understanding and agreement on issues, resolutions, etc. Ability to draft contract and policy language, and varied communications pieces on human resources related issues and services to reach a diverse and broad range of people.
Generations offers an attractive and competitive salary along with an excellent, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, & Disability insurance, 403b Savings Plan, 5 weeks Paid time Off, 9 Paid holidays, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, (for qualified medical and dependent care expenses), discount on Verizon Wireless phone plans, local gym and BJ’s membership discount.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume to:
Generations Family Health Center, Inc.,
40 Mansfield Ave, Willimantic, CT 06226-1948
FAX: (860) 456-1293 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Candidate screening will begin immediately until filled.
Generations Family Health Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Generations Family Health Center