Director of Financial Operations / Controller
(Full-time; 40 hours/week)
Generations Family Health Center, Inc. is a regional community health center covering a thirty-seven town rural region in eastern Connecticut with sites located in Willimantic, Danielson, Norwich and Putnam. Our dedicated staff provides a full range of primary care services to all ages including medical, dental and behavioral health care, as well as care coordination and community outreach. In addition to our main facilities, we offer mobile programs and School Based Health Centers.
LOCATION: Willimantic, CT
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Director of Financial Operations will be responsible for oversight of finance, accounting and reporting activities for regional community health center with $25-30 million budget. The Director of Financial Operations will lead all day-to -day finance operations and supervise a team of 2-5 staff members, including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and grants administration. The Director of Financial Operations will assure that Company has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct clean audits. The Director of Financial Operations will work closely with program managers, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the Finance function can support program operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, Master’s degree or CPA preferred. Mature leader with 7-10 years of accounting and finance experience, ideally in health care and/or non-profit industry; preferably in complex organization with multiple programs
- Experience gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to executive teams and funding sources
- Extensive experience coordinating audit activities and managing financial reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll and accounting for cash and investments
- Knowledge and experience in third party health care reimbursement, Medicaid and Medicare cost reporting
- Established track record in state and federal grants management and reporting
- Strong analytic, organizational and problem-solving skills with ability to develop and understand simple reporting through strategic data analysis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Generations offers an attractive and competitive salary along with an excellent, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurance, 403b Savings Plan, 5 weeks Paid time Off, 9 Paid holidays, Employee Wellness Program, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, (for qualified medical and dependent care expenses), discount on Verizon Wireless phone plans, local gym and BJ’s membership discounts.
How to Apply
Please apply online at: Director of Financial Operations / Controller (paycomonline.net)
Generations Family Health Center