Behavioral Health Medical Director / Psychiatrist (MD / DO)
(Full-time; 40 hours/week)
Generations Family Health Center, Inc. is a regional community health center covering a 37-town rural region in eastern Connecticut with sites located in Willimantic, Danielson, Norwich and Putnam. Our dedicated staff provides a full range of primary care services to all ages including medical, dental and behavioral healthcare, as well as care coordination and community outreach.
Location:Putnam and Willimantic, CT
Job Summary: The Behavioral Health Medical Director is responsible for providing coordinated psychiatric services to patients utilizing the clinical services of Generations Family Health Center. Clinical services provided shall include routine and crisis adult and pediatric care as assigned. The scope of practice includes evaluation, diagnosis, medication assessments and adjustment, patient education, and treatment planning. The Behavioral Health Medical Director will be knowledgeable about agency and clinical policies, keep all patient information confidential, and shall assume responsibility for the development and realization of an individual ongoing care plan for all patients. As Medical Director for the BH Department, you are medically responsible for the delivery of health care for the Behavioral Health Dept., including direct oversight of the medication management providers. The Behavioral Health Medical Director works closely with the BH Leadership team to reach department and organizational goals.
The Behavioral Health Medical Director position is 80% clinical and 20% administrative.
Generations offers an attractive and competitive salary along with an excellent, comprehensive benefits package.
Salary Scale: $266,000+, with bonus opportunity
Sign-On Bonus: $10,000
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance & Wellness Programs
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer contributions
- 5 weeks Paid time off
- Work from home available one day per week
- 9 paid holidays
- Malpractice insurance
- Visa sponsorship -J1 visa waiver and/or H-1B visa
- Loan repayment through NHSC and NHSC Scholarship Repayment Site
- CME courses and 4 days off per year with $1,500 in CME funds
- Professional development stipend of $1,000
- Relocation Assistance for applicable candidates
- Documented completion of a residency from an accredited institution in an appropriate specialty.
- CT Physician license, valid federal and state controlled substance licenses.
- Board Certification required or board eligible in adult and child psychiatry.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letter for consideration by applying directly online: http://www.genhealth.org/rewarding-careers/opportunities
Or via mail
Generations Family Health Center, Inc.,
ATTN: Human Resources,
40 Mansfield Ave, Willimantic, CT 06226-1948
FAX: (860) 456-1293 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Job & Application Details
Generations Family Health Center