Ambulatory Care Registered Nurse (RN)
Generations Family Health Center, Inc. is a regional community health center covering a thirty seven town rural region in eastern Connecticut with sites located in Willimantic, Danielson, Norwich and Putnam. Our dedicated staff provides a full range of primary care services to all ages including medical, dental and behavioral health care, as well as care coordination and community outreach. In addition to our main facilities, we offer mobile programs and School Based Health Center.
Location: Willimantic, CT
The Ambulatory Care RN is an active member of the interdisciplinary care team and collaborates to provide high quality care to patients of all ages experiencing both chronic and acute illnesses and injuries. The nurse who thrives in this position will be one who enjoys the fast pace and higher volume of a robust community clinic serving upwards of 130 patients and families per day. This position will involve a balance of interdisciplinary, evidence-based patient care and administrative coordination of the medical clinic floor. This individual will strive for meticulous management and oversight of the clinic vaccine program and will possess (or commit to develop) strong command of the CDC/CT DPH vaccine recommendations. Excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow the Ambulatory Care RN be a leader in monitoring and evaluating the clinical skills of unlicensed clinical staff. The successful candidate will utilize a system thinking approach to face the unique challenges of community primary care and will ambitiously seek solutions through innovation and creativity. The Ambulatory Care RN will join an existing team of population health nurses who are as committed to one another as they are to the health and well-being of the patients, families, and communities they serve.
Your specific duties in this RN role include:
- Provide smooth and timely flow of patients, responding to high volume of patients in short-term time spans
- Provide clinical supervision of clinical support staff
- Develop and provide individualized and group counseling, guidance, and health instruction
- Provide nursing care during nursing visits based on provider orders
- Administer medications, injections, and vaccinations
- Carry out standing orders for medication refills, ordering tests, diagnostic imaging, labs
- Conduct newborn weight visits and lactation education.
- Collaborate in the coordination of chronic disease management
- Follow up INR visits, specialty visits, ED visits, hospital discharge
- Perform a range of nursing procedures, including dressing changes, suture removal, oxygen administration, and basic wound care.
- Teach patients and/or families proper home health care activities and provide health materials, resources and education
- Be able to assess patient condition, recognize adverse signs and symptoms, and react swiftly in emergency situations.
- Participate in the ongoing Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement initiatives.
- Participate in grant preparation/development/reporting, as well as policy development as appropriate
- Assist with ensuring quality and regulatory compliance
- In collaboration with the Director of Nursing, assists with ensuring quality and regulatory compliance within the nursing department and organizationally as appropriate.
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, and HIPAA.
- Participates in required orientation and training programs, as required.
- Reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance in accordance with Generations Family Health Center policies
- Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
Generations is also proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Primarily day-time schedule, some evenings (8 hour shifts, Monday-Friday) / one Saturday per month (4 hour shift, stipend)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Short Term Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- 5 weeks paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- Malpractice insurance provided
- CME days & CME/CEU and CPE stipends
- Current RN license in the State of CT
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) / Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), preferred
- Experience in an ambulatory primary care setting, preferred
- Teaching experience, desirable
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letter for consideration by applying directly online: http://www.genhealth.org/rewarding-careers/opportunities
Or via mail
Generations Family Health Center, Inc.,
ATTN: Human Resources,
40 Mansfield Ave, Willimantic, CT 06226-1948
FAX: (860) 456-1293 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Job & Application Details
Generations Family Health Center