Are you an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse looking to make a genuine difference for patients who don’t normally get the care they need? Join our team at Generations Family Health Center! We are a non-profit regional Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that has served eastern Connecticut since 1984. Our healthcare professionals provide a full continuum of primary health care, oral health care, behavioral health care and case management services, primarily to a medically underserved population.
We are seeking an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse to assist us in providing our patients with quality, compassionate healthcare. Ideally, you will have prior experience in an ambulatory primary care setting. We currently have an opening at our facility in Willimantic, CT. If this sounds like the kind of career opportunity that you’ve been waiting for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
Connecticut Location: Willimantic, CT & Norwich CT
As a Family Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, you will provide a broad range of clinical primary care services, which will include routine and appropriate ambulatory adult, pediatric, and gynecological care as assigned.
Your specific duties in this APRN role include:
- Providing care appropriate to the age of the patients served
- Performing office diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Performing therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, wound care, and managing infection
- Instructing and counseling patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
- Developing and implementing patient management plans, recording progress notes, and assisting in provision of continuity of care
- Performing comprehensive physical examinations and compile patient medical data, including health history and physical exam results
As an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, you must be highly detail-oriented with superior analytical skills as well as the ability to accurately assess patient conditions and to react quickly in emergency situations. You must also have a positive and empathetic personality with the ability to work effectively with others as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Specific qualifications for the APRN role include:
- M.S. degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Nationally recognized certification in area of practice
- Board certification
- Current licensure in the State of Connecticut or ability to obtain license in the state
- Valid Federal and State Controlled Substance License
- Demonstrated ability to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served
- Knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span as pertains to scope of practice
- Experience in an ambulatory primary care setting, preferred
As an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse with Generations Family Health Center, you will be part of a growing and dynamic not-for-profit organization committed to a diverse and ever-changing work environment that rewards honesty, loyalty, commitment, and integrity. We are committed to continuously providing the highest level of quality services and standards for our patients as well as our employees. We offer the opportunity to work in a professional and pleasant environment that is conducive to both personal and professional growth and development.
Generations is also proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- 5 weeks paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Loan repayment through NHSC
- Productivity incentive bonus (quarterly)
- CME courses and 4 days off per year
- Professional development & CME stipend ($2500)
- Relocation Assistance for applicable candidates
- Starting salary: $100K, plus quarterly productivity bonus!
How to Apply
Help us make a difference in the lives of the patients who need it most!
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letter for consideration by applying directly online: http://www.genhealth.org/rewarding-careers/opportunities
Or via mail
Generations Family Health Center, Inc.,
ATTN: Human Resources,
40 Mansfield Ave, Willimantic, CT 06226-1948
FAX: (860) 456-1293 EMAIL: email@example.com
Closing Date: Candidate screening will begin immediately until filled
Generations Family Health Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Closing Date: Candidate screening will begin immediately. Open until filled
Generations Family Health Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. AA/EOE
Generations Family Health Center