If you are a PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT with a passion to serve in an under-privileged community, then look no more!
As a PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT in our organization, you are responsible for providing coordinated and quality primary care services to patients utilizing the clinical services of First Choice Health Centers (Center). Clinical services provided shall include routine, appropriate, acute and chronic disease care, ambulatory and gynecological care as assigned and as dictated by specific training certification and licensure. The Practitioner will be knowledgeable about agency and clinical policies, keep all patient information confidential, and shall assume responsibility for the development and realization of an individual ongoing care plan for all patients including the performance of selected procedures.
- Experience in ambulatory primary care setting preferred
- Experience performing therapeutic procedures
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Listening skills
- Customer service skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft office suite)
- Interest in serving low income-multicultural populations
- Completion of Physician Assistant curriculum in accredited institution
- Connecticut Department of Health License
- Federal and State Controlled Substance Licenses
- State Narcotic Registration (CTPMP)
- MAT Medication-Assisted Treatment) for Substance Use Disorders certified or willingness to certify as part of orientation.
- BLS Certification
How to Apply
First Choice Health Centers