Responsible for providing coordinated and quality vision care services to patients utilizing the clinical services of First Choice Health Centers (Center). Clinical services provided shall include routine, appropriate, acute and chronic eye disease care.
Duties and Responsibilities
Examines patient’s eyes and diagnoses vision problems and eye diseases. Tests patient’s visual acuity, depth, and color perception, and ability to focus and coordinate the eyes. Prescribes eyeglasses, contact lenses, and provide vision therapy and low-vision rehabilitation. Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care. Gain competence in Electronic Medical Record System. Billing submission at time of office visit.
- Knowledgeable about the Center and clinical policies.
- Keep all patient information confidential
- Manages and directs the development and realization of an individual ongoing care plan for all patients including the performance of selected procedures.
- Assures provision of primary eye health care to all Center patients including but not limited to:
- Establishing a database on patients by obtaining an appropriate health, as well as ordering/performing and interpreting screening and diagnostic procedures and tests.
- Providing treatment according to accepted agency standards and protocols.
- Assisting in the management of referred and/or complex problems with other members of the agency and community health nurses, mental health workers, social workers, and other community resources.
- Working in a collaborative and appropriate manner with other agency providers, clinical support staff, and administrative personnel.
- Recognizing and utilizing opportunities for health education for patients and families.
- Enter all patient visit information into Electronic Medical Record at time of visit.
- Demonstrates efforts to maintain and improve job specific competencies and incorporates new knowledge into practice.
- Acts in accord with standing agency contractual agreements with health maintenance organizations, insurance plans, and other managed care organizations.
- Participates in agency quality assurance and improvement efforts.
- Works jointly, as requested, with the Chief Executive Officer and/or Chief Medical Officer in areas of utilization management, data retrieval, and the establishment and/or revision of clinical policies and protocols.
- Maintains ongoing education through completion of required continuing medical education credits.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of principles of fire safety, infection control, hazardous communication program, universal precautions and general safety.
- Assists other staff, when time permits, in the completion of their duties to assure smooth function of the office.
- Maintains target productivity standards as established by Center as influenced by infringing factors of access, practice load and complexity of problems seen.
- Works in coordination with other community agencies and providers to integrate patient objectives and strategies.
- Work with Board of Directors, Management and other providers on grants for funding.
- Reports any discrepancies, irregularities and/or violations involving clinical care, administrative procedure, billing issues or other Health Center protocols to their immediate supervisor and/or the Chief Medical Officer
- Complies with all infection control policies and procedures outlined by the organization in accordance with professional, state, and federal guidelines.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide primary vision care to patients.
- Ability to establish and maintain collegial relationships with coworkers, and to function in a calm manner during stressful and emergency situations.
- Ability to work as part of multi-disciplinary team
- Interest in serving low income-multicultural populations.
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Listening skills
- Customer service
- Doctor of Optometry Degree
- Completion of Optometry program accredited by the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education of the American Optometric Association
- Valid Connecticut License and insurance
- Federal and State controlled substance licenses/state narcotic registration
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration
First Choice Health Centers