Are you in search of an exciting opportunity that allows you to capitalize on your schooling and yet, make a difference within the community? Are you looking to be part of an organization that promotes growth, teamwork, collaboration, and fun? First Choice Health Care Centers is currently hiring for multiple Medical Assistants to work in one of our many sites within East Hartford, Manchester, and Vernon.
As a Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting assigned provider(s) in delivering patient care by preparing patient rooms for patient use, cleaning, maintaining and setting up equipment for use and assist in a various procedures as noted below (included but not limited to):
- Review appointment schedule for day, noting types of appointments scheduled, i.e. physicals, sick visit, injury, etc. Make note of appropriate paperwork to obtain from patients relative to their visit.
- Follow patient registration procedures.
- Other clinical duties as assigned by provider, including but not limited to ear flush or EKG’s.
- Assist with GYN exams by performing room and equipment set-up; act as chaperone.
- Perform phlebotomy and laboratory testing as directed, including, point of care testing for urinalysis, pregnancy testing, glucose testing, etc. within scope of practice an competency training.
- Check expiration dates on all culturettes and other dated supplies during stocking.
- Clean lab area and restock lab supplies at the end of each day.
- Clean all equipment and restock supplies at the end of each day.
- Perform required control testing on lab equipment including, cholesterol unit and glucometer at the start of each day and record results in the log daily.
- Schedule follow-up appointments.
- Provide translation for patients if certified translator.
- Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Knowledge of medical terminology, required
- Follow OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen Standard and Universal Precautions at all times.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor coordination necessary along with ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Commitment to provide preventive, high quality health care services to a diverse community population without discrimination
- Computer (data entry), electronic medical record experience, required
- Phlebotomy skills, required
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Exceptional listening skills to understand patients and must be able to take and follow directions from supervisors and providers.
How to Apply
First Choice Health Centers