Provides direct clinical social work services, including individual, group, and family therapy. Performs case management services. Provides extensive documentation and care coordination. Participates in the Center’s quality assurance, performance improvement and risk management activities as required by Center policies and procedures or as assigned by Center leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates ability to compile and complete assessment information in documenting comprehensive and relevant case formulations, and treatment planning
- Demonstrates the ability to conduct ongoing risk assessments (i.e., SI, HI)
- Demonstrates ability to develop treatment plans that include observable and measurable goals and modify as necessary
- Demonstrates the ability to integrate clients’ needs, strengths, and barriers to treatment
- Provides individual therapy services to patients.
- Provides group therapy services to patients
- Provides family therapy services to patients
- Able to perform de-escalation techniques while maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment
- Provides extensive documentation of the case, including (based on program needs) Social History, progress notes and Treatment via E Clinical Works
- Arranges aftercare and other needed services for patients. This also includes coordinating referrals of patients with primary substance abuse disorders to licensed substance abuse providers
- Maintains connections with community providers including, as applicable, DCF, Judicial Department, DSS, DMHAS
- Provides information for managed care companies, and performs reviews as applicable
- Invites patients to participate in registries aimed at measuring the effectiveness of patient care
- Educates patients and their families about the benefits of receiving integrated care (i.e. Primary, Behavior Health and dental) at First Choice Health Centers
- Participates in interdisciplinary huddles with clinical team to map out integrated BH/primary care needs of PTs
- Meets productivity standards as defined in provider contract
- Meets majority of PI goals
- Maintains annual Continuing Education Units
- Adheres to NASW ethical standards
- Complies with all infection control policies and procedures outlined by the organization in accordance with professional, state, and federal guidelines
- Receives and utilizes patient feedback to shape treatment and care management/coordination.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Behavioral Health, Chief Medical Officer, or Chief Executive Officer
- Complies with all infection control policies and procedures outlined by the organization in accordance with professional, state, and federal guidelines.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited school of Social Work
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and engagement skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, computers, and other automated equipment.
- Licensed to practice clinical social work in CT
- Experience working with a mental health and/or chemical dependency population.
- Knowledge of brief treatment and Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMH).
How to Apply
First Choice Health Centers