Provide support and leadership to the Dental Assistants and Dental Office staff in all sites. Work in collaboration with the Practice Administrators and Dental Director to ensure quality care for dental patients and proper coverage of the Dental Assistants for both offices. Ensures sterilization (including transportation) is completed, conducts hands on sterilization when necessary and ensures that Dental Assistants are cross trained on Team based items as outlined.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts initial interview for qualified Dental Assistants. Will schedule second interviews with Practice Administration and Dental Director.
- Trains new hires.
- Addresses patient concerns.
- Works as a Dental Assistant to ensure patient flow.
- Leads Dental Assistants through daily functions, including suggestions to Practice Administrators for training modifications or further training of Dental Assistants, recommendations for corrective actions and monthly assignments.
- Sterilization duties include hands on and transportation.
- Trains sterilization with new hires and keeps all present staff up-to-date on sterilization.
- Infection control incidents or items to be reported to the Clinical Services Director.
- Attends One-on-One with the Practice Administrator weekly or biweekly
- Holds weekly/bi-weekly staff meetings in collaboration with Practice Administrator and Dental Director.
- Provides input and documentation regarding performance to Practice Administrator throughout the year. Provide input to annual performance evaluations of the Dental Assistants with the Practice Administrator.
- Attends any required meetings. Collaborate with the Practice Administrator and Dental Director about future meetings in order to coordinate schedule.
- Complies with all infection control policies and procedures outlined by the organization in accordance with professional, state, and federal guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by Practice Administrator
Dental Assistant and Lead Administration duties:
- Monitors telephone calls and assigns calls to correct staff.
- Answers dental questions for front desk staff when need arises.
- Creates competency checklists and assesses staff for competency, in collaboration with the Practice Administrator and Dental Director.
- Completes Weekly Environment of Care (EOC) logs; keep up with maintenance of the logs.
- Completes supply inventory and give to the Dental Director for approval.
- Conducts equipment checks for repair. As necessary, complete Damage Service ticket; if not resolved within 24-hours report issue to the Dental Director.
- Reviews Dental Assistants schedule, including call-outs and attendance with the Dental Director for all locations. Report any issues with proper coverage for doctors to the Practice Administrator.
- Reports staff leaving during the day or unexpected absences to the Practice Administrator and the Dental Director. In case of inadequate coverage, Lead will as Dental Assistant, will open the office as necessary coverage is not available and the Lead’s schedule will be adjusted in collaboration with Practice Administrator.
- All purchase goes to the Dental Director.
- Audit Medical Assistants sliding fee scale, cash collection, and claims error reports
- Review Quest report and assign to staff.
- Audit pre-visit reports.
- Back up for the Dental Van as assigned by Practice Administrator.
- Graduate of Accredited Dental Assisting School
- Certified in Dental Radiology by DANB
- Certified in ICE
- 3+ years dental experience in general dentistry
- Commitment to preventative care
- Knowledge/interest in providing care to diverse patient population
- Bilingual (Spanish) desirable
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Listening skills/follows direction
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- RDA: 2 years (Preferred)
- Certified Dental Assistant (Required)
- X-ray (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
CDA/RDA License Required
How to Apply
First Choice Health Centers