Family Support Provider – Home Visitor
StayWell Health Center, a Federally Qualified Community Health Center, seeks a full-time 40-hour Family Support Provider.
This Family Support Provider will work directly with families conducting in-home visits using an evidence-based curriculum to enhance parenting skills and teach families about child development (prenatal through age 5).
Some responsibilities of this Family Support Provider include:
- Assist families in accessing additional services from community resources, along with maintaining collaborative relationships with primary care providers and community services in order to help families address any challenges.
- Schedule and complete weekly home visit appointments for assigned case load according to protocol or direction from supervisor.
- Participate in meetings regarding case planning and referral to further services.
- Provide case management, support, and education during home visits as appropriate.
- Adhere to funder and program deadlines as instructed in regards to paperwork and procedures, including conducting developmental screenings of child.
Some Requirements of this Family Support Provider include:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Social Service experience is greatly preferred.
- Consistent, reliable transportation required between StayWell sites throughout the Greater Waterbury area, to home visits, community outreach events, and to attend trainings outside of Waterbury.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) necessary
- May require some evening hours
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred; written and verbal fluency.
- Competitive salary
- 100% Premium Free United Healthcare Medical core coverage
- Employer paid $25,000 life insurance coverage
- Ten (10) paid holidays annually
- 20 PTO days annually
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Optional supplemental coverage (short- and long- term disability)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.50 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
COVID-19 vaccinations mandated PPE required and provided
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waterbury, CT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have consistent, reliable transportation required between StayWell sites throughout the Greater Waterbury area, to home visits, community outreach events, and to attend trainings outside of Waterbury.
- Social work: 1 year (Preferred)
- , unrestricted CT Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: On the road
How to Apply