This position is responsible for maintaining the professional reimbursement program for self-pay patients as well as ensuring compliance with current payments and rules that impact billing and collection for self-pay.
Reporting to the Director of Revenue Services, the Self-Pay Collector will perform billing and computer functions, including patient & third party billing, data entry and posting encounters
Duties and Responsibilities
- After identifying any insurance from self-pay patients, prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
- Handle the follow-up of outstanding accounts receivable for self-pay and/or the resolution of denials.
- Answers questions from patients and Fair Haven Community Health Care staff
- Takes and refers all third party calls to the appropriate billing person.
- Identifies and resolves all self-pay patient billing concerns.
- Prepares, reviews and sends all patient statements.
- Make collection calls for all self-pay accounts over 30 days old
Performs other necessary duties as required by the Fair Haven Community Health Care to achieve the goal of providing primary health care and assuring revenue collections
- High School diploma or GED with experience in medical billing
- Knowledge of third party billing requirements, ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a member of a team in addition to being able to work independently is essential.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented with the ability to use computer and multi-lined telephones