Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites in Bridgeport, Stamford, and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider or primary health care services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
We are presently recruiting for a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work in our Elementary School Based Health Center site in Bridgeport, CT.
This program offers health education, oral health, mental health, and other services for school-aged patients. High School, 35 hours per week in addition to participation in a Saturday rotation at a non-school based health center.
Essential Functions Include but are not limited to:
- Obtaining complete medical history and physical data on patients
- Determine appropriate diagnostic procedures as needed
- Perform complete physical exams and record results in EMR, maintain and review charts
- Order appropriate lab and diagnostic procedures
- Educate patient and families regarding medications, health, and illness protection
- Perform other related work as desired.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing or PA program.
- Board Certified
- Active CT FNP/PA License
- 1-3 Years of Experience and/or the ability to work independently.
Additional General Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of nursing theory, practice and medical care to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and precautions and medical equipment and instruments.
- Must have skills in taking medical history, preparing and maintaining reports, and developing quality control/assurance standards.
Optimus Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Optimus Health Care