Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites operating in Bridgeport, Stamford, and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider of primary health services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
We are presently recruiting for a RN Nurse Manager for our Stamford Community Health site located at 805 Atlantic Street. Stamford, CT
The Nurse Manager coordinates the primary care services provided to patients from diverse populations in a professional manner. Works with the Practice Manager, Director of Nursing and the medical providers to ensure compliance with OHC’s standards of care. Provides clinical and administrative support and functions as a resource and mentor for new staff and students assigned to their work site. Assists the Director of Nursing in ensuring that nursing staff follow the Nursing Practice Act in their delivery of comprehensive patient care with maintenance of strict confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES.
The essential functions of the Nurse Manager include but are not limited to:
- Promote and restore patients’ health by completing the nursing process; collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; provide patients with physical and psychological support; supervise assigned team members.
- Promote patients’ independence by establishing patient care goals; teach and respond to patients questions regarding their medical condition, medications, and self-care skills.
- Responsible for facilitating the clinical orientation for new hire onboarding; evaluate and complete the 90 day introductory and annual performance reviews for all clinical staff under his/her supervision.
- Participate in screening, hiring and promotion of staff.
- Assure quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measure health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; make or recommend necessary adjustments; follow nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency and regulating bodies such as DPH, JCAHO, HRSA, etc.
- RN ( Registered Nurse)
- Has the ability to work with staff with different skill levels and diversity.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Ability to deal with conflict resolution.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work and that of others when needed.
- Proficient in using EMR; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PPT
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited nursing program or University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a management or supervisory position.
- Strong community health/public health orientation.
- Proficient using EMR
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION: Must have a current CT unrestricted RN license
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Bi-lingual English Helpful.
Working for Optimus:
- OHC provides a fun, fast-paced working environment, where our commitment to quality is present in every job function.
- Excellent employer paid benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Optimus and its caring staff proudly serve our community in a patient-centered environment.
Optimus Health Care is a Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Optimus Health Care