Family Centers Inc., School Based Health Center (SBHC) is seeking an experienced, energetic Social Worker to staff a school-based outpatient clinic in Stamford, CT. Social Worker to provide continuous and comprehensive services necessary for the promotion of optimal mental health for students. The incumbent is responsible for providing social services to students, using various social work methods individually and in group format.
About SBHC Program
School Based Health Centers (SBHC) are free-standing medical centers located in seven high and middle schools in Stamford, as well as Kids in Crisis in Greenwich. Staffed by licensed nurse practitioners, clinical social workers, dental professionals, a nutritionist and a health educator, SBHC provide on-site confidential physical, dental and mental health services to students enrolled in Stamford Public Schools. SBHC are open to students attending a Stamford Public School where a clinic is located, regardless of income or health care coverage. Our dental clinic at Westhill High School is open to all students in Stamford Public Schools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate social work services and patient referrals between the program and other agencies providing social and educational services
- Individual assessment, short-term treatment and referral of emotional problems
- Crisis intervention for emotional and situational problems
- Group treatment for psycho-social problems
- Family assessment, treatment and referral for emotional problems (including outreach)Participate with interdisciplinary team members in developing and implementing program policies and procedures
- Ongoing assessment of mental health needs in student population
- Participate with interdisciplinary team members in developing and implementing program policies and procedures
- Consultation and education to teachers, students and parents on topics related to mental health
Qualified candidates must have successfully completed a master’s or post-master’s degree from an accredited social work program and possess a current active license or working towards license to practice as a clinical social worker in the State of Connecticut.
Ability to work a 10-month schedule based on the approved school calendar.
The opportunity to work for an employer consistently rated one of the Top Workplaces in Western Connecticut by Hearst Connecticut Media and 4-star rating by Charity Navigator 10 times.Family Centers is an EOE and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package.
For more information and to apply, please visit http://www.familycenters.org/
How to Apply