Family Centers Healthcare seeks an energetic and compassionate Licensed Practical Nurse to join the team at Family Centers, non-profit organization offering health care, education and human services to children, adults, and families living in Lower Fairfield County. The health center provides primary healthcare, dental and mental health services to those living in Greenwich Public Housing communities and the surrounding neighborhoods.
The Nurse performs various duties to support the Health Center and COVID Testing team. Responsibilities include but not limited to supporting the Medical Care and COVID team at health centers and during COVID Popup Testing Events. The position reports to the Medical Provider, Coordinator, and Manager.
- Work with staff, internal/external medical providers, and patients to reach healthcare goals and provide excellent quality of care through care coordination.
- Swab and collect COVID-19 samples to be tested
- Oversee COVID-19 operations at Palmers Hill Site
- Set up, process, and performs waived laboratory tests
- Administer vaccines and medications as per provider’s orders
- Process laboratory specimens for area reference laboratories, accurately complete and process lab requisitions and maintains laboratory log.
- Educate patient and family/caregiver(s) about relevant community resources
- Monitor adherence to care plans, evaluate effectiveness, monitor patient progress in a timely manner, and facilitate changes as needed
- Prepares exam room for next patient & physician needs.
- Retrieve laboratory and other test results and submit for review by provider.
- Engage in all offered training, consultations and supervisions made available.
- Fully and professionally respond to and implement directives and advice offered by all supervisory and training personnel, as well as professionally offered feedback from coworkers.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing program
- Valid license as Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in CT
- Minimum of 2-4 years related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of infection prevention and control
- Excellent customer service/ communication skills
- Excellent multitasker and team oriented
- Bilingual (Spanish) is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technology and to willingness learn
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Preferred: prior supervisory experience
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to bend without restrictions
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Must have excellent hand/eye coordination
How to Apply