Family Centers Healthcare seeks an energetic and compassionate Nurse to join the team at Family Centers, non-profit organization offering health care, education and human services to children, adults, and families living in Lower Fairfield County. The health center provides primary healthcare, dental and mental health services to those living in Greenwich Public Housing communities and the surrounding neighborhoods.
· Work with staff, internal/external medical providers, and patients to reach healthcare goals and provide excellent quality of care through care coordination.
· Facilitate patient access to appropriate medical and specialty providers
· Educate patient and family/caregiver(s) about relevant community resources
· Monitor adherence to care plans, evaluate effectiveness, monitor patient progress in a timely manner, and facilitate changes as needed
· Develop a care plan with the patient, family/caregiver(s) and providers (health management plan, medical summary, and ongoing action plan, as appropriate)
· Attend all care coordinator training courses/webinars and meetings
· Provide care coordination services for patients with diabetes, facilitating educational session, monitoring their progress, and ensuring patients develop self-management plan
· Enroll patients into the SHAPE hypertension program and comply with program protocols
· Participate, attend training, and obtain certificate to teach the Living Well with Diabetes Program to patients on a quarterly basis.
· Monitor the patient ping service and follow up with patients been admitted to the emergency room within the 24 business hours.
· Assist in collecting data for Quality Care Team and ensure proper documentation
· Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record patient information.
· Set up, process, and performs waived laboratory tests
· Administer vaccines and medications as per provider’s orders
· Provides infection prevention and control monitoring and education
· Manages orders and maintains logs of medications, vaccines, and infection control supply stock and inventory
· Cleans the exam rooms & equipment after each patient as needed
· Prepares exam room for next patient & physician needs.
· Retrieve laboratory and other test results and submit for review by provider.
· Set up and perform all waived lab tests including, but not limiting to, the following:
o Venipunctures, finger-sticks
o Pregnancy tests
o Urine dip sticks
o Pap smears
o Hep C Screening
o HIV Screening
o Preparation of routine cultures
· Assist in preparing reports and statistical data for the infection control committees
· Conduct rounds, discussing and monitoring infection control practices
· Engage in all offered training, consultations and supervisions made available.
· Follow and fully implement Corporate Compliance Program.
· Fully and professionally respond to and implement directives and advice offered by all supervisory and training personnel, as well as professionally offered feedback from coworkers.
· Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED Certificate
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing program
· Valid license as Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in CT
· Minimum of 2-4 years related experience and/or training.
· Knowledge of infection prevention and control
· Excellent customer service/ communication skills
· Excellent multi-tasker and team oriented
· Bilingual (Spanish) is strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technology and to willingness learn
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Infectious Control Certified a plus
About Family Centers:
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering education, health and human services to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 200 professionals and 1,200 trained volunteers collaborate to provide our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative services. Through our three Centers of Excellence, more than 21,000 children, adults, families and communities receive the care, encouragement and resources needed to realize their potential.
Salary commensurate with experience. A suite of benefits including paid time off, medical, vision, dental, FSA/dependent care/HSA benefits, gym membership, and retirement savings plan. The opportunity to work for an employer consistently rated one of the Top Workplaces in Western Connecticut by Hearst Connecticut Media and 4-star rating by Charity Navigator 10 times.
Family Centers is an EOE and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package.
How to Apply