About Family Centers:
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering health, education and human service program to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 250 professionals and 1,200 trained volunteers collaborate to provide our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative services. Through our comprehensive network of services, more than 22,000 children, adults, families and communities receive the care, encouragement and resources needed to realize their potential.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the HR Generalist is responsible for applying prior human resources knowledge and best practices to provide a wide range of HR support for Family Centers staff. The successful candidate plays an important role in the success of the organization by executing on all aspects of onboarding, payroll, benefits administration, training, talent acquisition, HRIS, and special projects while fostering a collaborative and equitable culture. The successful candidate is responsible for serving over 250 full and part-time employees and ensuring that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for successful onboarding and smooth transition of new hires by providing excellent customer service and facilitation. Administer background checks, I-9 verification, collection of new hire file contents, and new hire orientation
- Responsible for maintenance of employee data in HRIS system, always seeking process improvements
- Oversee semi-monthly payroll
- Run reports and analyze HR data such as W-2s, ACA 1095-C forms, headcount, turnover, and special requests
- Partner with Director on benefits and compensation related matters and initiatives including open enrollment
- Serve as process owner for FMLA and other leaves of absence
- Reconcile monthly invoices from insurance providers, reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances to Finance for payment
- Project Lead for employee wellness programs
- Effectively maximize HRIS and LMS systems to obtain, store and analyze pertinent data and information, always seeking to improve processes.
- Support the HR department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience
- Identify ways to improve policies, procedures and recordkeeping
- Participate and support Quality Improvement activities such as employee records maintenance and participate in audits as requested
- Any other job duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- At least 5 years relevant experience in Human Resources Administration, Payroll Administration, Benefits, or related
- Accounting Acumen – demonstrated understanding of principles related to payroll reconciliation
- Prior work experience with ADP Workforce Now and payroll processing
- Ability to work onsite in Greenwich, CT
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Non-profit industry experience
- Healthcare industry experience
- SHRM-CP or PHR Certification
- Certified Payroll Professional
Performance Requirements and Competencies
- Strong attention to detail. Highly organized, able to meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-directed and motivated, resourceful and results driven
- Displays high levels of trust and confidentiality and the ability to use discretion when communicating sensitive information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with strong verbal and written skills.
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build strong relationships at multiple levels of the organization
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Willing to take initiative and work independently when needed
Salary commensurate with experience. A suite of benefits including generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tax-free spending accounts, disability, life and AD&D insurance. Additional benefits include an employee assistance plan, pet insurance, critical accident and illness, wellness services, tuition reimbursement, and retirement savings. The opportunity to work for an employer consistently rated one of the Top Workplaces in Western Connecticut by Hearst Connecticut Media and a perfect 100 Encompass rating by Charity Navigator 10.
Special Note: As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our community and beyond, it is Family Centers’ commitment to the safety of employees, contractors, volunteers, patients, clients, and student interns, by requiring proof of vaccinations for COVID-19 (or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file).
For more information and to apply, please visit http://www.familycenters.org/ or on our LinkedIn page
Family Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package.
How to Apply
Apply for Human Resources Professional using the link below: