Unique opportunity to join Family Centers, a mission driven organization which provides much needed medical, dental and behavioral health services to individuals and families at 10 delivery sites in lower Fairfield County, CT.
We have an immediate opening for a seasoned Health Revenue Cycle Manager to manage a small team, and be responsible for all aspects of the billing, collection, application, and reporting processes. He/she will set up fee schedules (subject to management approval), ensure that all medical, dental and behavioral health services are timely and accurately billed (self-pay, commercial insurance, Medicare and Medicaid), that invoices are collected in a consistent and timely fashion, that payments are accurately applied to outstanding balances, that all denials and delays are appropriately responded to, and that the healthcare billing department operates efficiently while being superlatively responsive to its external and internal customers. As part of every month end close, collaborate with the Director of Accounting on accounts receivable reconciliations and aging reports. Role involves significant interaction with the organization’s CFO, the director of our clinic(s), and other senior officers.
- The successful candidate will have a relevant 4-year degree and a minimum of 7 years of health care billing experience, including at least 3 in a successful supervisory capacity.
- Exposure to government or private carrier audits.
- Experience working within managed care systems and verifying insurances.
- Experience with Medicare and Medicaid billing.
- Proficiency with ICD-10 coding and HIPAA regulations.
- Hands-on experience with an EHR system, including experience with at least one electronic health or medical record system implementation.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Extra points for candidates with Evolv EHR experience, behavioral health and dental billing experience and/or Federally Qualified Health Clinic experience. Bonus points for also having accounting experience.
- Bi-lingual not required but would be a plus.
About Family Centers:
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering health, education and human service program to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 250 professionals and 1,200 trained volunteers collaborate to provide our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative services. Through our comprehensive network of services, more than 22,000 children, adults, families and communities receive the care, encouragement and resources needed to realize their potential.
Salary commensurate with experience. A suite of benefits including generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tax-free spending accounts, disability, life and AD&D insurance. Additional benefits include an employee assistance plan, pet insurance, critical accident and illness, wellness services, tuition reimbursement, and retirement savings. The opportunity to work for an employer consistently rated one of the Top Workplaces in Western Connecticut by Hearst Connecticut Media and a perfect 100 Encompass rating by Charity Navigator 10.
Special Note: As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our community and beyond, it is Family Centers’ commitment to the safety of employees, contractors, volunteers, patients, clients, and student interns, by requiring proof of vaccinations for COVID-19 (or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file).
For more information and to apply, please visit http://www.familycenters.org/ or on our LinkedIn page
Family Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package.
How to Apply