The incumbent performs various duties as a member of the health and dental team providing screening, application, enrollment, and administrative activities to support the successful operation of our federally qualified community health center (FQHC) located at 111 Wilbur Peck Court in Greenwich, CT. Staffed by a Medical Director, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, LPNs, dentists, dental hygienists, dental assistants, licensed clinical social workers and other professionals, the clinic provides primary healthcare, dental and mental health services to children and adults living in Greenwich Public Housing communities and the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Screens for eligibility and enroll patients in public and private benefits and programs for which they qualify.
- Greets patients in a cheerful professional manner, always providing outstanding customer service to patients at the health center or on the telephone when registering, scheduling, or assisting with health insurance and/or billing questions.
- Serves as the health center’s subject matter expert for dental patients and providers regarding questions related to dental insurance coverage, insurance breakdowns, payment arrangements, and treatment plan estimates
- Enters patient clinical, financial, insurance, and demographic information into computer system accurately and completely. Additional administrative tasks include as recordkeeping, analysis, and answering telephones
- Using analytical skills, collaborates with the finance team to assign a sliding fee scale and financial assistance and to help enroll qualified patients for insurance.
- Collaborates with internal and external social services agencies to meet patients’ needs.
- College degree, with Social Services, healthcare courses helpful
- Bi-lingual Spanish
- At least 2 years of experience working in a healthcare setting in a similar role along with experience in medical or dental billing and coding
- Stellar computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and to deal calmly with individuals under stress
- Prior experience at a community health center
- Electronic Health Records software experience
Salary commensurate with experience. A suite of benefits including paid time off, medical, vision, dental, FSA/dependent care/HSA benefits, and retirement savings plan. The opportunity to work for an employer consistently rated one of the Top Workplaces in Connecticut. The opportunity to receive continuing education and training in health care billing. A well-funded and managed philanthropic organization driven not by the bottom line, but by helping its clients.
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering education, health and human services to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 200 professionals and over 1,200 volunteers collaborate to provide our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative services.
Family Centers is an EOE and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package to eligible staff. For more information and to apply, please visit our website: www.familycenters.org
How to Apply