Family Centers Inc. is seeking a Registered Dental Hygienist to join our Dental team in the clinical care of our patients in our Federally Qualified Health Center at Wilbur Peck Court within walking distance of the Greenwich train station.
- Assists in the oral health management of all clinic patients.
- Obtains baseline oral hygiene assessment data based upon accepted principles of oral hygiene and periodontal care.
- Records patient-hygienist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided.
- Organizes treatment room for each patient, including instruments, records, radiographs, and lab work.
- Provides clinical oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis, scaling, sealant application and fluoride application consistent with accepted professional practices and standards and in compliance with applicable state law and the center’s clinical protocols.
- Assists in the provision of technical assistance and health education in the community as requested.
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by a dentist in accordance with state regulations and law as well as Dental Department protocol and directive.
- Assists in the maintenance of all Dental Department areas in compliance with Dental Department directive and policies as well as center policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues.
- Disinfects and sterilizes instruments according to CDC/OSHA/ADA standards.
- Responsible for equipment care and maintenance.
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates professional, courteous, and respectful attitude during interactions with patients and guests of the health center.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Health Center Manager and Dentist
Education and Training:
- Graduation from an accredited school of dental hygiene.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with fellow healthcare providers.
- Ability to be clinically fluent in Spanish preferred.
Licensure and Credentials:
- Unrestricted license to practice Oral Hygiene in the State of CT
- Current CPR (BLS) certification
About Family Centers:
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering health, education and human service program to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 250 professionals and 1,200 trained volunteers collaborate to provide our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative services. Through our comprehensive network of services, more than 22,000 children, adults, families and communities receive the care, encouragement and resources needed to realize their potential.
Salary commensurate with experience. A suite of benefits including generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tax-free spending accounts, disability, life and AD&D insurance. Additional benefits include an employee assistance plan, pet insurance, critical accident and illness, wellness services, tuition reimbursement, and retirement savings. The opportunity to work for an employer consistently rated one of the Top Workplaces in Western Connecticut by Hearst Connecticut Media and a perfect 100 Encompass rating by Charity Navigator 10.
Family Centers is a United Way, Community Fund of Darien and New Canaan Community Foundation partner agency, and is a member of the Connecticut Council of Family Service Agencies and the Alliance for Children and Families. The agency is also accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), The Joint Commission, licensed by the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health, and is a Department of Children and Families-licensed child psychology center.
Family Centers is an EOE and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package to eligible staff.
How to Apply