|Dental Floater/Technician Assistant
|Greenwich and Stamford, CT, US|
Family Centers Healthcare seeks an energetic and compassionate individual to join the team at Family Centers, non-profit organization offering health care, education and human services to children, adults, and families living in Lower Fairfield County. The health center provides primary healthcare, dental and mental health services to those living in Greenwich Public Housing communities and the surrounding neighborhoods.
The dental floater performs various duties to support the Dental team. Responsibilities include but not limited to supporting the Dentist, Dental Assistant, and working with administrative assistant team at health centers. The position reports to the Dental Provider, Coordinator, and Manager. Opportunity to become a Dental Assistant. We’ll provide study materials and test cost. Flexible schedule. This is a good opportunity for High School Seniors, and College students.
· Sterilize and maintain equipment and instruments.
· Schedule appointments, answers calls, and follows up with specialist and dental labs
· Run appropriate tests to monitor their function.
· Maintain logs for equipment maintenance and safety required by Department for Infection Control.
· Work with staff, internal/external medical providers, and patients to reach healthcare goals and provide excellent quality of care through care coordination.
· Process dental laboratory cases and maintains laboratory log.
· Prepares exam room for next patient & physician needs.
· Engage in all offered training, consultations and supervisions made available.
· Fully and professionally respond to and implement directives and advice offered by all supervisory and training personnel, as well as professionally offered feedback from coworkers.
· Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED Certificate
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Must be at least 18 years of age or older
· Must possess oral and written communication skills
· Knowledge of anatomy and physiology
· Excellent customer service/ communication skills
· Excellent multitasker and team oriented
· Bilingual (Spanish) is strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technology and to willingness learn
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours a day
· Must be able to bend without restrictions
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
· Must have excellent hand/eye coordination
· Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle
How to Apply