The COVID Team Coordinator performs various duties as an operational supervisor for the Palmers Hill COVID Testing site. Responsibilities include but not limited to supervising and overseeing the operations in our COVID-19 Testing and Vaccination program. The position reports to the Health Center Manager and Directors of SBHC and FCHC.
Work Schedule: The normal work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week. Employees must be available to work full eight and/or nine-hour shifts. Shifts are available Monday through Saturday; 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Employees will be expected to work at least some Saturdays and willingness to adjust their availability if the test site adjusts the hours of operations.
- Assist Manager & Directors in tasks as assigned
- Oversee on-site COVID site workflow/processes
- Manages daily work and schedule of 10-12 FTE Medical/Administrative Staff, and 3-6 Volunteer Callers and Traffic Personnel, and Secure staffing coverage
- Plans, organizes, and schedules, daily work activities by matching priorities, workload, and available personnel in order to maintain optimal productivity within the unit; and leads staff in ensuring prompt, courteous, and efficient service for customers.
- Assist with onboarding training and transition to sites to ensure competency in COVID-19 testing program operations and procedures
- Must be knowledgeable of COVID-19 operations and training requirements and be able to interpret and explain work instructions and guidelines to subordinates. The ability to supervise personnel is also required.
- Coordinate staffing and logistics for urgent pop-up (community) events and additional fixed site teams as needed in response to outbreaks/community request
- Manages supplies/inventory and invoices
- Resolve logistic/quality issues (e.g. scanned documents, received/missing specimens, supplies, printing, tents/facility needs, specimen courier, etc.)
- Backs up to administrative team during breaks, lunches, or periods of peak traffic at the test site.
- Conduct routine quality control measures/checks
- Review outstanding patient orders, investigate causes (e.g. duplicate appointments, inactive patients, demographic discrepancies), and follow up to provide remedy
- Leads weekly COVID Work Out meetings, setting agenda and leading process improvements efforts
- Ensure site is providing high quality experience to patients
- Handles multiple priorities and deals calmly with individuals under stress
- Demonstrates professional, courteous, and respectful approach during interactions with staff, patients, and guests of the sites
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer proficiency and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to manage personal and staff stress
- Ability to motivate teams and persuade as needed
- Tactful leader with ability to bridge competing priorities
- High level of detail and follow up required
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors or Business Institute Certificate
How to Apply