Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct confidential HIV/Hep C testing and pre/post-test counseling
- Run and manage the Syringe Service Program
- Create and attend events to increase awareness of HIV testing and prevention
- Educate the community about PrEP and provide referrals
- Conduct street and community outreach and recruitment services to targeted populations
- Link individuals to partner services, medical case management, medical care and prevention services
- Facilitate community level education programs
- Identify and create partnerships with community agencies to promote referrals to prevention program
- Work closely with the entire HIV Care Team and other community agencies
- Participate in case coordination with providers and community partners as needed
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports in a timely manner
- Document all activities in the E2CT, Evaluation Web and in client files
- Maintain clinical records in accordance with grant requirements for Prevention Services
- Identify social trends and conduct outreach through social media and dating apps
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Community Outreach experience /Outgoing and easy to engage
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and LGBQT+ Community desired but willing to train
- Must have a reliable car, valid driver’s license and up-to-date auto insurance
- Bilingual desired but not required.
- Ability to work Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm with occasional hours evenings and weekends
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Creative, Flexible, Team worker, People-Oriented, Emotionally Intelligent
- Passionate about community health, specifically around HIV
- Able to serve as a positive representative of Family Centers Inc.
- Comfortable communicating with people of all races, ethnicities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, socioeconomic status, etc.
About Family Centers:
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering education, health and human services to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 240 professionals and 1,200 volunteers collaborate to provide our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative services.
Family Centers is an EOE and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package.