FCHC Community Health Worker
Greenwich and Stamford, CT, US
Family Centers Healthcare seeks an energetic and compassionate individual with care coordination, case management, and/or patient navigation experience to join the team at Family Centers, a non-profit organization offering integrated health care, education and human services to children, adults, and families living in Lower Fairfield County. The health centers provide medical, dental and mental health services to those living in Greenwich Public Housing communities and the surrounding neighborhoods
As a member of the health care team, the Community Health Worker performs care coordination, patient navigation, and case management activities. The Community Health Worker (CHW) also assists with administrative tasks to support the health centers and school-based sites in the region. Collaborates with the City of Stamford to provide case management to address social and residential challenges families face in the community.
The Community Health Worker reports to Family Centers Health Care Directors/Managers and coordinates referrals, patient navigations, and care coordination with medical, dental, and mental health team in Greenwich and Stamford Health Centers and School Based Sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with staff, internal/external medical providers, and patients to reach healthcare goals and provide excellent quality of care through care coordination.
- Perform patient navigation and Facilitate patient/client access to appropriate health care providers (medical, dental, mental health, and specialty) and social services resources internally within the agency and externally around the region.
- Work with medical team to complete prior authorization.
- Educate patient/client and family/caregiver(s) about relevant community resources
- Monitor adherence to care plans, evaluate effectiveness, monitor patient progress in a timely manner, and facilitate changes as needed
- Develop a care plan with the patient, family/caregiver(s) and providers (health management plan, medical summary, and ongoing action plan, as appropriate)
- Attend all care coordinator training courses/webinars and meetings
- Provide care coordination services for patients with diabetes, facilitating educational session, monitoring their progress, and ensuring patients develop self-management plan
- Participate, attend training, and obtain certificate to teach the Living Well with Diabetes Program to patients on a quarterly basis.
- Monitor the patient ping service and follow up with patients admitted to the emergency room within 24 business hours.
- Request and verify all demographic information as well as insurance.
- Collaborate with internal and external social services agencies to meet patients’ needs Assist in collecting data for Quality Care Team and ensure proper documentation
- Connect with community organizations who serve Family Centers Health Care’s target population and collaborate on programs and/or offer programs that promote the services of Family Centers Health Care.
- Demonstrates professional, courteous, and respectful attitude during interactions with patients and guests of the health center.
- Assist in distributing surveys and assessments to all new and re-established patient.
- Complete reports and analyze data for enrolled and registered patients from Medical, Dental, Mental Health, and Stamford Care.
- Referral management and provide weekly updates to the medical team.
- Complete other duties as necessary and assigned.
- At least two years of related experience in the field of health-related training, case management, and/or working with high risk populations and familiarity with public health.
- Certified Community Outreach Worker or willingness to pursue.
- Demonstrate cultural competency to work with different cultures, ethnicities, races, etc.
- High School or equivalent required (Bachelors Preferred)
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- Medical terminology
- Demonstrated computer skills including typing
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and to deal calmly with individuals under stress
- Patient Navigation and Research experience
- Interpersonal and networking skills
- Family Centers is an EOE and salary is commensurate with experience and offers a generous benefits package.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply