Overview: Reporting to the Revenue Cycle Manager and part of a dynamic team, the incumbent is responsible for monitoring accounts receivables for our Federally Qualified Health Clinic (FQHC) and School Based Health Centers (SBHC) and supports the clinic with any insurance inquiries and maximizes efficiency of billing.
• Charge entry: All visits are checked for retrievable/appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes, according to insurance guidelines.
• Monitor insurance denials, follow-ups, EDI file rejections, adjustments and aging reports
• Insurance and self-pay payment postings
• Initiate unapplied Credit/Refund requests for both patient and insurances
• Collections/bad debt for both patients/insurances
• Assist patients with billing questions, payments, etc. as needed via phone or in person
• Call insurance companies as needed to check on claims and patient eligibility
• Notify manager of any unresolved issues in real-time
• Assist manager with credentialing applications as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Graduate or Equivalent
• At least 2 years of experience in an FQHC or similar setting required
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a nonprofit healthcare setting
• Demonstrated knowledge of CPT Codes, ICD 9/ ICD 10
• Familiarity with various computer software (i.e. Excel, Word Perfect, Word) Experience with computerized practice management/billing systems
• Certified Professional Coder, preferred but not required
• Experience in Behavioral Health, Dental, Internal Medicine or Pediatrics
• Bilingual English/Spanish
About Family Centers:
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering health, education and human service program to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 250 professionals and over 500+ trained volunteers collaborate to provide our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative services. Through our comprehensive network of services, more than 23,000 children, adults, families and communities receive the care, encouragement and resources needed to realize their potential.
Salary commensurate with experience. A suite of benefits including generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tax-free spending accounts, disability, life and AD&D insurance. Additional benefits include an employee assistance plan, pet insurance, critical accident and illness, wellness services, tuition assistance, and retirement savings. The opportunity to work for an employer consistently rated one of the Top Workplaces in Western Connecticut by Hearst Connecticut Media and a perfect 100 Encompass rating by Charity Navigator 10.
Family Centers is a United Way, Community Fund of Darien and New Canaan Community Foundation partner agency, and is a member of the Connecticut Council of Family Service Agencies and the Alliance for Children and Families. The agency is also accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), The Joint Commission, licensed by the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health, and is a Department of Children and Families-licensed child psychology center.
Special Note: As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our community and beyond, it is Family Centers’ commitment to the safety of employees, contractors, volunteers, patients, clients, and student interns, by requiring proof of vaccinations for COVID-19 (or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file).
For more information and to apply, please visit http://www.familycenters.org/; or on our LinkedIn page
Family Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package.
How to Apply
Apply via Family Centers Career page
Link: Job & Application Details