Family Centers Inc. is seeking an experienced insurance billing professional to provide high volume claims processing to support our clinics. We treat clients in several locations in Stamford, Greenwich, and Darien with individual and group counseling, medical and dental care services, school based care, and at our Federally Qualified Health Clinics (FQHC) in Greenwich and Stamford. Staffed by licensed nurse practitioners, clinical social workers, dental professionals and a health educator, we provide on-site confidential medical, dental and mental health care.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in medical, behavioral health and dental billing, with a keen eye for learning our current billing system and effecting improvements. He/she will be responsible for high volume registration, eligibility, authorizations and benefit verification. Claim submission, AR follow up, bi-monthly, semi-monthly aging reporting. Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills are essential for interacting with internal staff, clients, clinicians, and insurance carriers.
- Associates degree (Bachelor’s preferred) OR at least 2 years related experience
- Experience in Knowledge of CPT, ICD 10 and CDT Coding strongly preferred
- Proficiency with electronic medical records.
- Basic knowledge of claims clearinghouse
- Knowledge or experience in FQHC preferred
- Basic accounting & strong analytical skills needed
- Current knowledge in Medicaid, Medicare and commercial insurance
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections
- Stellar communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines while maintaining accurate results
- Netsmart/Evolv software experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits including paid time off, medical, vision, dental, FSA/dependent care/HSA benefits, and retirement savings plan. The opportunity to work for an employer consistently rated one of the Top Workplaces in Western Connecticut by Hearst Connecticut Media and 4-star rating by Charity Navigator 10 times.
Family Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.familycenters.org/
How to Apply
About Family Centers:
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering health, education and human services to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 200 professionals and 4,000 trained volunteers collaborate to provide more than 21,000 individuals with a wide range of responsive and innovative services. Family Centers is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), The Joint Commission, licensed by the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health, and is a Department of Children and Families-licensed child psychology center.