Family Centers seeks an experienced, energetic, and compassionate Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner (FNP or PNP) to work as part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team to deliver comprehensive medical care to pediatric patients in Greenwich CT. The position is sited at our Kids in Crisis Emergency Youth Shelter which provides free, around the clock individualized care for Connecticut children and teens, from intensive therapeutic intervention for chronic abuse and neglect to short-term respite services due to any type of crisis including abuse, neglect, family conflict and more. The position is per diem up to 20 hours per week with a flexible day and evening schedule.
Incumbent will be responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of common and chronic illnesses, planning of periodic health assessments, vaccines, screenings, promoting optimal health and preventative care. Additional responsibilities include community referrals and monitoring of medication administration by certified staff and other regulatory compliance documentation.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Master’s or post-Master’s degree from an accredited program and at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated aptitude in providing medical services largely geared to under-served populations.
- Current active license to practice in the State of Connecticut
- Medical malpractice insurance (in addition to that offered by the agency)
- Current active DEA license
- Ability to work flexible schedule including day and early evening hours
- Bilingual – Spanish preferred
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering education, health and human services to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 200 professionals and 1,200 volunteers collaborate to provide our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative services.
For more information and to apply, please visit http://www.familycenters.org/
Family Centers is an EOE and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package to eligible staff.