Fair Haven Community Health Center
To provide timely, detailed accurate full patient registration prior to the patient’s visit, either via telephone or in person to assure an exceptional patient experience. This individual maintains a patient-focused approach towards operational excellence while working as an integral part of the health care team.
Duties and responsibilities
The Pre-Registration Specialist performs timely, detailed, accurate full patient registration and maintains the integrity of the demographic information of the patient, insured, guarantor and insurance company as well as all additional information required for reporting. Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Obtain and verify patient demographic and guarantor information prior to visits to ensure that the patient record is accurate and is available for billing purposes.
- Obtain patient insurance information and verify the patient’s eligibility, whether via phone, web-site or electronic eligibility checks.
- Obtain and verify patient information required for reporting purposes prior to visits.
- Work queues/listings to determine which patients require pre-registration 1-7 days prior to their upcoming appointment.
- Contact patients via telephone to obtain needed information.
- Answer all incoming phone calls in a timely manner demonstrating good customer service.
- Obtain benefits to aid in payment collections at time of service.
- Provide accurate information to patients about insurance requirements.
- Complete all necessary questionnaires when needed for upcoming appointments.
- Ensure that the proper steps are taken to eliminate patients from pre-registration status and communicate with Patient Access what is needed at the check in process.
- Ability to provide information to patients regarding FHCHC services and directions to various locations.
- Maintain and adhere to HIPAA privacy policies.
- High School diploma or GED with experience in medical billing is required. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is also required. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work as a member of the team to serve the patients is essential.
- The selected candidate must be detail oriented and have the ability to work independently with one year of experience demonstrating customer service highly preferred. Epic experience is desirable.
- Must be willing to work in various locations and various shifts
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must have manual dexterity to operate keyboards, telephones and other business equipment
- Position requires the use of a headset and the ability to sit for extended periods of time
- High volume of calls each day.
- Medical office type environment. Works closely with co-workers daily
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.