Fair Haven Community Health Care
FHCHC is a forward-thinking, dynamic, and exciting community health center that provides care for multiple generations at nearly 130,000 office visits in 17 locations. Overseen by a Board of Directors, the majority of whom are patients themselves, we are proud to offer a wide range of primary and specialty care services, as well as evidence-based patient programs to educate patients in healthy lifestyle choices. As we grow and are able to bring high-quality health care to more areas that need access, we continue to put our patients first in everything we do. The mission of FHCHC is “To improve the health and social well-being of the communities we serve through equitable, high quality, patient-centered care that is culturally responsive.”
For over 50 years, we have been a health care leader in our community focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Fair Haven is proud to have a diverse and motivated team of professionals who are constantly seeking ways to enhance and improve the health and well-being of all patients. We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality medical and dental care, regardless of ability to pay.
To provide clinical leadership for HIV prevention and care, sexual health, and LGBTQ+ health care across FHCHC Departments, teams and sites of care. Ensure universal HIV screening, linkage to care and up-to-date clinical management for patients living with HIV/AIDS. Provide sexual health services to adolescents and adults, including sexual health education, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), STI diagnosis and treatment. Ensure universal screening for Hepatitis C and provide on-site treatment for patients with chronic hepatitis C and B. To partner with Finance on HRSA Ryan White grant administration and reporting and liaison with numerous community partners.
Duties and responsibilities
The Medical Director of HIV, HCV, and LGBTQ+ Care will provide HIV and primary care services to Fair Haven patients including management of antiretroviral therapy, preventive health services, and management of comorbid conditions impacted by HIV. This individual will provide LGBTQ+ health care services including HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis and transgender care. The individual will also oversee Infection Control for the Health Center. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide HIV clinical leadership including care to HIV patients at Fair Haven Community Health Care (FHCHC) according to federally approved medical practice guidelines for HIV/AIDS. Together with the HIV/ID Program Director and HIV/ID Team, develop team protocols that facilitate adherence to these standards.
- Provide clinical leadership to transgender health care program including providing hormone therapy, referral for gender affirmation surgery and collaboration with Behavioral Health to offer counseling and support to transgender patients.
- Work closely with the entire HIV/ID team to address social determinants of health and facilitate patient follow-up, medication adherence and optimal clinical outcomes for patients with HIV, Hepatitis C/B, transgender health care needs.
- Work with HIV/ID Program Director, HIV/ID Team, Data Team to develop annual clinical quality improvement projects with measurable clinical outcome metrics.
- Review HIV patient clinical quality metrics at least every 3 months to ensure that care delivery is meeting those metrics.
- Review annually HIV and STI prevention and treatment guidelines that are used as FHCHCs clinical guidelines and make these guidelines available for staff internally.
- Provide HIV, Hepatitis C and LGBTQ health updates as needed to FHCHC providers, in the form of memos and/or in-service education, to review standards of care, introduce new concepts, and educate providers.
- Meet regularly with the HIV/ID Team, as well as regular meetings the HIV/ID Program Director.
- Work with senior leadership and HIV/ID Program Director to serve as the primary individual responsible for submission and management of Ryan White Part B and C program grants.
- Meet monthly with HIV/ID Program Director and Finance to ensure compliance with current HRSA Ryan White Finance requirements, including program spending and reporting requirements.
- Work with HIV/ID Program Director to maintain and update the HIV CAREWare database
- Perform other necessary duties as required by FHCHC
MD or APRN required, HIVMA or AAHIVM or significant clinical experience in HIV medicine is required.
Experience and expertise in Hepatitis C/B management and transgender health care, as well as experience in primary care, also required.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
HIV/ID Program Director
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
How to Apply
To apply see above link or visit our website at: https://fhchc.org/careers/
Link: Job & Application Details
Fair Haven Community Health Care