Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, the Director of Behavioral Health Operations is the operational lead for the behavioral health service line. Informed by the clinical needs of the patient population and by the clinical expertise of the Director of Behavioral Health, this role oversees access to care and patient flow through the individual programs that comprise the behavioral health service line.
Duties and responsibilities
The ideal candidate will take a data-driven approach towards establishing and enhancing operational excellence in the behavioral health service line.
There will be an expectation to:
- Establish, monitor, and optimize metrics pertaining to timely patient access to behavioral health care
- Monitor and optimize behavioral health clinicians’ panel size and throughput
- Optimize the use of the electronic health record to drive operational efficiencies and provide real-time, actionable data reports
- Work collaboratively with behavioral health clinical leadership to drive operational efficiencies and change management
- Supervise the behavioral health Patient Navigator team and oversee the training required to enhance trauma-informed and culturally/structurally competent care orientations for Patient Navigator team members
- Optimize the treatment offerings (including but not limited to telemedicine, in-person care, individual psychotherapy, and group psychotherapy) to meet population health needs and organizational financial needs
- Work closely with data and population health teams to ensure that actionable and timely data is reported back to clinical teams to inform quality improvement initiatives
The successful applicant will be an individual with demonstrated experience in practice management, project implementation, or quality improvement in a behavioral health setting. While not required, those with LCSW and/or PhD (Clinical or Counseling Psychology) licenses with relevant operational experience are encouraged to apply. Experience with data analytics and electronic health records is required.
Experience with standards such as UDS, TJC or NCQA; experience facilitating groups through complex and sensitive issues and teaching process improvement principles; experience working with medical staff on performance improvement and comfort and experience using Excel, manipulating data sets, creating pivot tables and other visual forms of data analysis is essential.
Behavioral health navigators
Behavioral health administrative associate
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”