FHCHC is a forward-thinking, dynamic, and exciting community health center that provides care for multiple generations at nearly 80,000 office visits in 17 locations. Overseen by a Board of Directors, the majority of whom are patients themselves, we are proud to offer a wide range of primary and specialty care services, as well as evidence-based patient programs to educate patients in healthy lifestyle choices. As we grow and are able to bring high-quality health care to more areas that need access, we continue to put our patients first in everything we do. The mission of FHCHC is “To improve the health and social well-being of the communities we serve through equitable, high quality, patient-centered care that is culturally responsive.”
For nearly 50 years, we have been a health care leader in our community focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Fair Haven is proud to have a diverse and motivated team of professionals who are constantly seeking ways to enhance and improve the health and well-being of all patients. We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality medical and dental care, regardless of ability to pay.
The Development and Events Coordinator is a vital member of the Development team, actively involved in all levels of the health center’s development activities and events. This position offers a great opportunity for a self-starter to learn about public health while learning and honing skills in development and event planning.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to Director of Marketing and Development, the Development and Events Coordinator provides day-to-day support for all aspects of Fair Haven Community Health Care philanthropy and event activity. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support the FHCHC mission and serve as an FHCHC ambassador, both internally and at community events.
- Maintain donor database for fundraising, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of data, run reports as needed, create mailing lists.
- Processing of donor gifts, including the creation of gift acknowledgement communications.
- Develop content for and maintain social media platforms to support development work, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Assist with the development, production, and execution of solicitation and other development/donor materials.
- Communications with donors as appropriate.
- Track and maintain budget and financial approvals.
- Assist planning, management and coordination of FHCHC events and programs for staff, patients, supporters and community, providing frontline support including logistics, invitations, social media, food, A/V, set up and break down as needed working collaboratively with FHCHC departments and event sponsors.
- Attend and actively participate in interdisciplinary team meetings as a representative of the Development team.
- Represent FHCHC at community outreach events and meetings.
- Act in professional and culturally competent manner with FHCHC staff, patients and community partners. Perform such other Development/Event duties consistent with the responsibilities of this position, as directed by supervisor or CEO.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with specialization in Communications, Graphic Design, Psychology/Sociology or Public Health preferred, and at minimum 2 years of equivalent work experience.
- Excellent editing and writing skills, time and project management skills, be detail-oriented and creative, and be able to multi-task without losing sight of the goals.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and donor management software (Abila, Raisers’ Edge, etc.) and experience in event planning and management and nonprofit fundraising preferred.
- Basic understanding of digital and social media, and the ability to write and edit for multiple marketing channels.
- Must be a self-starter, with a keen attention to detail, and be able to manage multiple projects at a time, shifting priorities as needed.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, have a commitment to serve all patients regardless of demographics.
- A valid driver’s license, and access to reliable transportation and the ability to work occasional weekends or evening hours as needed are a must.
- Ability to lift and carry up to thirty pounds is helpful but not essential
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”
How to Apply
Please apply at https://fhchc.org/careers/
Link: Job & Application Details
Fair Haven Community Health Care