For nearly 50 years, we have been a health care leader in our community focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Fair Haven is proud to have a diverse and motivated team of professionals who are constantly seeking ways to enhance and improve the health and well-being of all patients.
It’s an exciting time for FHCHC. We are growing and looking for great talent to join us! If you are a passionate, caring professional interested in improving the health of our community, we’d like to know more about you.
- To oversee the operational management, efficiency and accountability of an expanding dental practice.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Dental Practice Manager oversees the day to day operations of the dental clinic ensuring that our dental practice provides outstanding services for our patients. Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain an office environment that ensures optimal patient care and customer service.
- Oversee and supervise front and back office staff.
- Evaluate and review office production and procedures to develop new ways to improve efficiency with office operations, patient retention and profitability.
- Analyze and organize office operations and procedures, including but not limited to, bookkeeping, invoice processing, cash control, and other administrative duties.
- Provide oversight to staff for patient scheduling and front office workflows including; checking eligibility and insurance verifications.
- Participates in hiring decisions in conjunction with the Dental Director.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant state dental laws, ensure a safe work environment by complying with all local, state and federal health and safety regulations and laws, and ensure compliance with office and company policy and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary to support the office/company.
- Completes all required organizational trainings in a timely fashion.
Bachelor’s degree required. A combination of work experience and education may be substituted for the degree requirement. The selected candidate will: have previous dental knowledge and an understanding and supervisory experience in all areas of management of a dental practice; previous supervisory experience in a dental setting; excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be computer literate (EPIC experience is a plus). Experience doing prior authorization for insurance is a must.
- Dental Assistants & Front Desk Personnel
Category III Low Risk Position
Generally works in an office environment with no exposure to bloodborne pathogens
Physical Demands: Requires walking, bending, sitting, standing, writing, reading, telephone use, data input into computer, pulling medical records,
Mental Demands: Ability to cope with continual changing priorities under potentially stressful conditions
Manual Dexterity Required: Ability to use a keyboard, telephone
American with Disabilities Requirements:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
Fair Haven Community Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FHCHC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.